Chapter 5

Tia started chanting words that Maya couldn't understand, but then they all sprouted beautiful, elegant wings that were up to their feet. Maya's wings were a beautiful shade of violet, Luke's wings were a dark shade of blue and Tia's wings were a vibrant orange.

Maya watched in awe as Tia and Luke took off easily and left her standing by herself.
"Come on Maya, it's not that hard!" Tia shouted from the top of a tree.
"But I don't know how to fly." Maya shouted back.

Tia landed on a branch that seemed sturdy enough and started flapping her wings for maya to copy and then she jumped off the branch and took flight once again. Maya copied her and started flapping her wings but kept going gradually faster, yet she still couldn't take flight. Luke flew down and grabbed tightly onto Maya and took her up with him into the sky.

"Get me down!" Maya screamed shaking and trying to get out of Luke's grasp.
"If that's what you want!" Luke replied.
Luke dropped Maya and she was falling really quickly.

She started flapping her wings frantically, and it worked as she was gliding unsteadily on the wind. Luckily it was a windy night. Maya started to get gradually higher to Luke and Tia. Luke was smiling at Tia of what he had made Maya do.

Tia and Luke flew past the trees and headed to the middle of the woods. They landed and Maya landed on her butt next to them, Luke offered her some help up. Maya took his hand and got up steadily. Tia chanted similar words to the words she chanted before and their wings disappeared leaving a slight pain In Maya's back.