Chapter 5: Shopping...oh joyy

You Call it Change-

                and I Call it Revenge

Chapter 5: Shopping…oh joy.

I walked down to my house, empty as usual. My mom has three jobs, and won’t let me get one to help her support our family. I threw my bag down and walked down the hallway to my room.  I stood in my room for about ten minutes, just staring into the emptiness and loneliness of it. My room was practically empty. I only had a few things, as I never ever used the trust fund my father HAD to give to me. Why don’t I use it you may ask? It’s his money…his filthy cheating money I didn’t want. My mother didn’t even want the child support money, but she got it and just threw the money into the fund…thinking it may come in handy no matter whose money it is.                                                      

Looking around, I tried to remember where I threw the debit card for the account. Slowly, I made my way to a place I never dare touched in my room. The reason I didn’t ever go near the spot was that it was the last place my dad was after the divorce, he stood there to tell me goodbye. Right now all it had was crumples of pictures, burned floor, and an unusual stain I’ve never cared to notice before. Then…there it was. The shiny gold card that was engraved with my name, was sitting in the farthest corner, where his foot was and where he laid the card three years ago. I never bothered to touch it; I mean who ever loves a cheater? I guess his new fiancé did, ugh.

 I slowly made my way over to the corner I hated, a tear making its way down my face at the same pace I moved. Why am I doing this to myself? As if the torture I got daily wasn’t enough, I’m just doing worse by going near that stupid spot he had to get his germs all over. Let alone, I see HIS, yes HIS, son every day. Brad looked so much like my father; it actually hurt to see Brad now. Memories flooded back to my head, the tears streaming down my face. My scar started burning intensely as I got closer to the card; my feet were struggling to support my wait. Before I knew it I was on the floor, my face drenching wet with tears. I can’t do this…

Suddenly, I felt something drip and slide down my face. I managed to get my hand up, and felt a sticky substance and remembered why I was doing this. I crawled army style on the floor, the tears stopping slowly and the anger rising. I kept crawling making my way the corner, seeing the card glistening in the light, as if calling my name.  I stopped moving instantly, and sit up in a criss-cross style. I was now about two feet in front of the corner. Looking down, I saw the remembrance of the day when he showed up, and the second he left I made a red circle on the floor. This would be the first time in three years that I actually get near some type of his presence.  Can I handle it?

I braced myself for the tears, and reached over into the dark red circle, and gripped the card tightly. One tear was streaming down my face, so I brought the card up and whipped the tear off my face with it. My face burned where the card touched my face, but I decided to suck it up and just leave my house before I broke down into tears. I got up off the floor and walked down the hallway, grabbing the keys to my “birthday” present from my dad. Yet, it was another thing I never touched, but today I will be a different person and forget everything about my past. Today was the day I would let everything go, and be a totally new person. This was the day.

                I walked down into the garage, and hopped into the shiny brand new Porsche. I put the car in gear and pulled out of the garage, ready for the makeover of a life time.

**At the Mall**

                The second I drove in the parking lot, everyone’s head snapped my way. I know what all the boys are hoping, a totally beautiful girl will hop out so they can drool all over her…they will definitely be disappointed but who cares, this is me. I unlocked the car, and got out. Whispers instantly began, along the lines of….disappointing….ugly…this sucks…bets…and hopes lost. I wanted to cry, I mean these people didn’t know me and they were already like this? One of the reasons I never left my house was this reason, people always stared at me because I was an outcast. Who are they to judge?? I am me and only me. I walked into the mall, and headed straight to the first place I saw, this trip will be loads of fun. I had over $100,000 dollars to spend, and no one at all will stop me from using almost all of it.