Chapter 19

You and Bruce return to the tower to find that some of the team are still putting up decorations and prepping for the party later.

"Finally," Tony says, rolling his eyes and tutting quietly, "Happy left your stuff in your rooms, we'll finish up here, you go get ready."

"Thanks Tony," You nod politely and walk towards the lift, turning back before you get in to see if Bruce is following. He's stood talking to Tony, and gestures for you to go without him. You push the button for your floor, and start going up until the lift stops and a skittish looking Wanda walks in, her face lighting up when she sees you.

"Oh hi y/n," She says, you can hear that she sounds happy, but still anxious about something.

"Is everything okay?" You ask, "You sound on edge."

"Yeah, I'm good, just nervous I guess, Vision asked me to go to the party with him," You grin happily, Wanda told you and Nat that she had a slight crush on the AI, and you feel happy for her.

"That's great!" You say cheerfully, "Are you gonna go?"

"Oh yes, definitely, it's not just that though," She pauses, "My brother's gonna be here soon, and I haven't seen him for ages, the last time I did he almost died. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm just a bit tense, and I want everything to be amazing for him."

"I'm sure it will be Wanda, do you want to come to my room for a bit before the party, we can get Nat to come as well."

"That sounds great," She smiles, "Thanks y/n."

"No problem," The lift stops on your floor and you walk into your room, Wanda a few steps behind. To your surprise, Nat is there waiting for you, holding the bag with the present you bought for her in, a cheeky grin on her face.

"How did you know red was my colour?" 

"That was supposed to be a surprise Nat," You scold jokingly, "Just don't tell the others what they got."

"I won't," She pauses, "Well probably not anyway."

You take the hint and move the presents into your closet, but turn around when you hear Nat and Wanda talking about what they're going to be wearing later.

"Oh shit," You exclaim, "I didn't get anything to wear."

"Oh God, how could you!" You hear someone say sarcastically from outside.

"Oh hello Loki," You reply, "Will you be joining us at the party, or will you be reading one of your silly books?" You can make out the sound of muffled laughter, then someone being hit, before Loki replies angrily.

"My books are not silly," He huffs, "And I have to go to the event, because my oaf for a brother needs to see his avenger friends again."

"Thor's here?!" Nat opens the door quickly, revealing a tall, muscular man with blue eyes and sandy brown hair, he looks generally attractive, but he's definitely not your type. He pulls Nat into a tight hug, before dropping her back down.

"Hello again Lady Natasha," He says before turning his attention to you and Wanda, "And who are your friends?"

"Well this is Wanda, and this is y/n," She gestures to you both, and Thor's eyes stay on you for longer than they should have. He eventually tears them away before nodding to the three of you. 

"I am Thor of Asgard," He grins, "I am rather looking forward to the gathering tonight, and I hope to see you all there." Again, his attention turns to you, and you swear you see him wink discreetly before turning back to Nat. You're a bit shocked, you just met this man, it must be some mistake.

"I'll be off then, my brother is letting me stay in his room for the foreseeable future, so I'll be sure to see all of you around." He raises a hand to say goodbye before following a bored looking Loki across the corridor, and as soon as they're far enough away, Nat wolf whistles quietly.

"I think the very handsome God has the hots for you y/n," Wanda teases.

"I beg to differ," You sigh, "He's not my type anyway,"

"Come on, he's Thor, he's everyone's type." Nat stands up and starts acting like Thor, puffing her chest out and standing on her tiptoes. "I am Thor of Asgard," She says in a deep voice, before emphasising a wink, which makes you roll your eyes.

"Come on Nat, I'm sure he didn't mean to wink, sometimes I do accidentally,"

"Oh sure," She laughs, "Why are you so bothered anyway, I'd appreciate it if Thor liked me."

"Nat," You smile, "Do I have to remind you that you're a lesbian, and you have a girlfriend?"

"Exactly, everyone's type," Wanda laughs, "Unless that someone is hiding something," She says, raising her eyebrow.

"What do I have to hide?" You ask, but a harsh knock on the door interrupts the conversation, and you walk over, opening it to see Bruce. "Oh, hi!" You're pleased to see him, especially if it prevents Nat and Wanda's interrogation.

"I heard you saying something about not having anything to wear, and I did buy this as part of your Christmas present, but I thought you'd need it now." He hands you a paper shopping bag, and you can see something made of black silk among the purple tissue paper.

"Thank you so much Bruce," You say, pulling him into a tight hug, "What are you gonna be wearing?"

"Nothing too eccentric, just a black suit with a white shirt, Tony wants us to look good for the press,"

"Makes sense, you look good anyway though," You grin and he smiles sweetly.

"Not as good as you though," He compliments you, before wrapping an arm around your waist and kissing you on the nose.

"See you later handsome," You say before he walks to his room. You turn back to see Wanda and Nat stood in silence, mouths gaping and eyes wide.

"Hey Wanda, do you feel like you're missing something?" Nat asks,

"Yes, but now I think I know why she doesn't fancy Thor,"

They walk up to you and pull you down so you're all sat in a row on your bed.

"Tell,"

"Us,"

"Everything."