Emergency

3rd person POV
Matteo heard a soft whisper from Bella's room and he held his phone up to his ear. "I'll be right back." Matteo said and he turned around heading back into Bella's room.

His heart sunk when he saw her limp in her bed. He rushed over, calling out for Lorenzo. Images of him losing his father in his death bed filled his mind but he pushed them deep down to focus on Bella.

He couldn't let her die on him either. Matteo slid his masculine arms under Bella's body and lifted her body up with ease. She was lightweight, like a bone with the smallest amount of meat on it.

Bella's breaths were shallow and soft wheezes erupted from her chest. Blood was in the corners of her lips from her recent coughing.

Matteo's heart was racing as he rushed down the stairs. Lorenzo was by the garage door, the car already on and ready to go.

The twins looked up worriedly. "What is wrong?!"Antonio asked has fear spread on his face.

"I'm bringing her to our hospital let's go." Matteo yelled out in a hurry, frustration and fear filling his body.

Luca and the twins got in another car as Matteo placed Bella in the backseat with Lorenzo. Dante got in the passenger seat and Matteo hopped in the car before speeding off.

He gripped the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles turning white from the tightness.

"Fuck! How could this happen!" Matteo sneered out as he started speeding even faster, his foot pressed harshly on the gas peddle.

Lorenzo stroked Bella's pale face gently he noticed her lips becoming a bluish purple color. He gulped and checked her pulse and breathing.

"Matteo..she's getting worse." Lorenzo said out softly, continuing to watch her vitals.

Dante turned his head around and looked at his little sister laying like a lifeless corpse on the seat. He felt bad that he was the last one to see her Atleast not very sick. But he hurt her and he couldn't apologize to her until she was better.

Matteo swerved into the parking lot of their business building that mostly was a hospital. They had expensive medical equipment, one of the best doctors, everything. His Bella would get the best help there.

Matteo pulled up to the front and stepped out of his car in a rush. He slammed the car door and watched as Lorenzo grabbed Bella out of the car.

They hurriedly ran inside and looked for the doctor. "Someone help her please!" Lorenzo called out and soon their best doctor came rushing over.

"Boss What has happened?" The doctor asked as he headed over to the closet room, leading them to a bed to place her down.

"She had heart surgery about 2 weeks about buying she developed a fever and a cough, she's not breathing well. Please help her hurry!" Matteo rushed the doctor as he started hooking Bella up to everything that was needed.

The doctor stared at her vitals, and listened to her lungs before getting someone to take an x-ray of Bella's lungs.

They all stepped away, letting the machine take a scan. When it was done the doctor examined it thoroughly.

His eyes narrowed as he cleared his throat. "She has pneumonia." The doctor stated to Matteo.

Matteo's eyes widened as he looked over at Bella. "Where'd she get it from?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm assuming bacteria got in her lungs at the hospital, which led to this." The doctor informed Matteo.

"Unfortunately..pneumonia is dangerous for people who just had heart surgery, mortality rate is high but I will try my best." The doctor said and Matteo gasped hearing his words.

Death..that's all he could think of. No, Bella couldn't die on him, not like this.

Matteo had Lorenzo leave the room to talk to the others and that he could get some alone time.

Matteo sat beside Bella's bed as he whispered nothing but soft kind words to her. "Bella..you can pull through this okay. For us..for and for Koda.. we all need you." Matteo whispered and held her hand.

A tear slipped down his cheek but he did not let out a sound. This is just how his father died, laying in a bed deathly sick. He did not want Bella to pass away this way.

------------

The doctor and nurse entered and exited the room multiple times throughout the night with medications (antibiotics) in which they said were the best treatment they could use.

At one point her oxygen levels dropped and they had to place an oxygen mask over her face for a few hours, They also provided IV fluids to keep her hydrated and full with vitamins and nutrients so that her body could heal better.

Matteo had not slept all night, he let his brothers snooze out on the couches and chairs that were placed in the room. He needed to keep watch of Bella and hope for the best.

He sighed and placed a kiss on Bella's forehead. "Get well soon princess.." he muttered out and sat back down on the uncomfortable chair.

Matteo stared at the EKG and sighed in relief, remembering what the doctor had told him. He said that her heart was strong and still working well however her pneumonia was putting a strain on her.
-------------

Gio had awoken during the night and he stared at Matteo who had not slept yet. He stood up and walked over to Matteo before placing his hand on his shoulder.

"Matteo you should rest, Bella wouldn't want you exhausting yourself." Gio mumbled softly hoping Matteo would listen and rest for at least a tiny bit.

Matteo exhaled and nodded. "I'll rest for a bit..but please watch her." He whispered and stood up, heading over to the pullout bed.

Matteo laid down quietly, closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep hoping his beloved Bella would wake up from her deep slumber.

Gio took the place where Matteo was seated before and he examined Bella's physique. She was pale, small and fragile, she looked like she would break any moment.

He sighed and stroked Bella's head, running his fingers through her hair. He hoped, they all hope she would wake up and get better. They wanted their Bella back..

1060 words