Silence

—————
It's been 2 hours since the party. I was in the room on the floor in the corner with tears down my cheeks.

Lorenzo was knocking on my door a few times trying to get in but I locked the door. I sniffed and my head hung low as I hugged my knees.

"G..Go away."I whispered softly and let out quiet sobs.

Lorenzo sighed and I heard him walk away from the door. There were police downstairs while Matteo talked to them. A couple minutes later Matteo started knocking at my door.

"Princess open the door." He said softly, trying to lure me over with kindness laced in his voice.

I rubbed my eyes quickly and got up slowly. My body hurt and I stumbled to the ground, wincing in pain.

Matteo heard me fall and he unlocked the door with one of his keys. I quickly sat up and looked at him.

"I'm sorry.." I said and looked down at the floor.

Matteo's eyes softened and he swooped his arms underneath me before picking me up. I winced and clutched my stomach in pain.

Matteo helped me down the stairs and silent tears rolled down my face. He brought me to the police officers and I gulped looking at them. I didn't want to talk about anything that happened that night.

"This is my sister." Matteo stated angrily as he let the police officers grab my arm and bring me to the police car.

I looked back at Matteo and my brothers sadly before I was placed in the police car. They started driving off and I saw Matteo get in his car, following us.

The police officers started driving me to station to make a statement and then head to the hospital for tests and DNA.

————————
After I had made my statement Matteo took my hand and walked me through the police station to go to his car.

As we got to the door an officer had an arrested Noah in his hands.

Noah glared at me and growled. "You'll regret this!" He snarled and I stiffened up a bit as I rushed out of the police station.

Matteo followed after me quickly. "Bella wait up." He said and grabbed my wrist. I flinched at the touch and looked away from him.

"Princess get in the car okay? We have to go to the hospital." He said softly and led me to his car. I stayed quiet and nibbled at my lower lip.

I feared that if I spoke I'd break down again. As I sat in the passenger seat Matteo got in the drivers seat and put on some soft music.

"Lorenzo texted me and said they have something for you when you get home." He said and I nodded.

"Princess I prefer you to speak no nodding." He said softly.

I shook my head and looked out the window. Silent tears still rolled down my cheeks. I sniffled and looked down at my lap. Matteo sighed and in a few minutes we arrived at the hospital.

—————————-
In the hospital I was poked and prodded by many needles and tools. I stayed quiet throughout the whole procedure. They took some dna samples for the police and then gave me pain killers for the sharp excruciating pain I was feeling.

It took about 2 hours and they let me take a shower afterwards. As I stood in the shower I sobbed loudly, letting the running water cover the sounds.

My hand clasped over my mouth and I took a deep breath. I don't want to live after all of this that has happened to me. I don't deserve to live either, I'm just a huge burden to everybody.

—————————

When my shower was done, Matteo had handed me a sweatshirt and sweatpants. I changed quickly and walked out. My eyes were red and puffy and my cheeks were red from rubbing them so much.

Matteo looked at me, "are you ready princess?.." he asked me and I nodded. I grabbed my old clothes and the medication the nurse gave me before leaving with Matteo.

—————————————

Arriving home the guys were sitting on the couch watching a movie. However when I walked in they all turned their attention to me.

I looked down and walked passed them. I headed to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water to quench my thirst.

I put my cup in the sink and started heading upstairs.

"Where are you going principessa?" Lorenzo asked sadly.

I looked at him and showed sad eyes before heading upstairs quietly.

I held the medicine in my hand tightly and I sobbed going into the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror and I punched the mirror causing it to shatter.

I was disgusted in myself. I should just go now I thought. I took out the pain killers and started by taking a 5 since I couldn't swallow so many. I poured them out in my hand and I sniffled. The tears blurred my vision and I felt my face heat up.

I heard someone open my door and I jumped getting scared. My pills fell on the floor and I dropped down on my knees. No no no, why did I drop them.

I started picking them up and Gio knocked on the bathroom door. "Bella? Are you okay. Open the door please." He said sternly and tried shaking the doorknob.

I sat on the glass and sobbed holding my fallen pills in my hand but they were covered in glass. Great now I can't use them.

I looked around, and found a blade from my razor. I brought it to my skin and suddenly I heard Matteo's voice.

"Princess open the door." He said angrily.

"N..No." I stuttered out, my voice was weak.

I slid the blade across my skin and I winced but the pain made me feel better. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh slicing again.

The door bursted open and I got scared, dropping the bloody blade.

Matteo looked angry at me and my eyes fluttered closed as I fell back on the floor. Matteo quickly picked me up and brought me downstairs. I was bleeding out on his shirt.

The boys looked at me worriedly and followed after Matteo. Slowly I fell into darkness, maybe this is it.. I thought.

——————————-
The sound of beeping filled my ears and I groaned softly. My eyes opened slowly and I noticed the bright white ceiling and lights. I frowned and and slowly sat up. I noticed my arm was stitched and wrapped.

I looked around the room and I noticed my brothers weren't there. I sighed and bit my lip. I should have just died so they didn't see me like this.

Suddenly Matteo rushed in and I looked at him. He looked exhausted, his hair all messy, bags under his eyes. Maybe it's all my fault. I felt like a failure, guilt washing over me for the fact I've caused my brothers to be like this.

"Bella..why. Why would you do that?" He asked and sat down next to the beside.

I looked away and slumped down in my bed. "I'm sorry.." I whispered. My voice was hoarse and my throat was dry.

I started to cry and I held onto Matteo. "I..I don't want to live anymore. I..I can't take it." I sobbed out and my grip on his shirt got tighter.

"Princess, we can get you help okay? I'll call our uncle.. he's a psychiatrist he can help you" Matteo said softly and rubbed my back gently.

I nodded and loosened my grip on him, before pulling away. "Thank you..I promise I won't ever leave you guys. I'm sorry for making you worried." I whispered and took a deep breath, trying not to cry.

1315 words