3|Viridity

Viridity

(n.) Naive innocence

) Naive innocence

Nobody's POV

His words repeated in your head. Over and over and over again. "You could just join me here."

"A/n?" You snapped out of it and quickly fixed your posture along with coughing.

"I um... I don't think thats such a bright idea." You chuckled nervously and subconsciously inched away. Howl grabbed your wrist before you had the chance to do anything else, making you freeze.

"The bed... it's much softer and bigger than Sophie's anyway." You thought about it. He was right. His bed looked like it was more than enough for 2 people. Sophie's was made with magic in a rush, as nobody expected her. It was just perfect for her, so you knew it wasn't going to actually fit more than her. Your eyes made their way to Howl's. His eyes had a shine to them. You couldn't really describe it. He looked really determined as well.

"I suppose..." You gave him a small, awkward smile. He moved over to make space for you. Before you let yourself fall onto the bed, you went to change and pick up a blanket so you wouldn't be sleeping in under the same sheets as him. When you came back he was still awake. Therefore, you took the liberty of explaining that he was not to leave his side of the bed to move over to your side. He laughed it off but nodded politely. You let your body slump onto the soft, dreamy bed. For some reason, it felt softer than when you slept alone in it. You were contemplating turning around, but it would be unbearably awkward if Howl was facing you. You felt your cheeks heating up just thinking about it. Your heart was excited but your brain was being rational. You didn't turn. You just stayed still and waited until you had calmed down enough to sleep. Seconds became minutes, minutes became an hour.

"Howl, are you awake?" You asked, not budging from your position. He let out a soft humming noise, letting you know he was half asleep. You couldn't help but smile to yourself. It was cute. No, what? No! You couldn't believe what your own brain was telling you. You simply refused.

"Howl..." There was no response. You figured he had fallen asleep so you decided to turn around. There he was. Sleeping soundly. He looked exhausted. No wonder. After that meltdown, it sure wasn't a surprise to see him like this. Alas, he was being dramatic.

"Howl, I'm sorry." I whispered,

"I'm not who you think I am..." That's when I fell asleep. My eyelids couldn't bear another second of staying open.

Dream (Y/n)

"Oh my sweet, little girl..." I was in a place I didn't recognize at first glance. I saw a couple. The woman was holding a child in her arms. It was no more and 2 or 3 years old. It was mewling. The father rubbed the mother's back. They looked much too young to bear a child.