{47} Beauty Pageant

**3rd person's POV

[m/n] started off his morning feeling fine, he had a small pit in his stomach but that was barely noticeable. He would be fine, their performance would go great and he would do great during the beauty pageant.

By the time they were starting to get ready around 7:30 the pit grew a little bit in size, but he would be fine, the feeling would go away soon enough. So he carried on mentality rehearsing as the class continued to prepare everything for their performance.

Another hour passed and the pit now resembled a hole bubbling with anxiety at the bottom of his stomach. And it didn't help that he was in the fitting room with some of the other girls for the beauty pageant and no one from class was with him.

He only had on his orange pants and purple boots and the orange t-shirt the class ordered for their performance.

He sat in one corner painting his nails red and black, suddenly he heard an unfortunately familiar loud cackled echo around the room. He looked up to see Monoma pointing a finger at Kendo and laughing.

"What's with those clothes, Kendo!?"

"Oh, that looks good on you!" Tetsutetsu said

"Isn't it too sexy?" Another class b students questioned

"Oi, boys, don't just walk in like this..."

[m/n] went back to focus on his nails, not wanted to bother whatever they had going on and also wanting to focus on calming his own ever growing nerves.

What was it that Yaoyorozu always chanted? Clear and serene, clear and serene. He repeated as he blew on his fingers so the nail polish could dry faster.

"—/n], hey [l/n]!" [m/n] looked up to see Tetsutetsu standing in front of him

"Oh hey, sorry didn't see you there!" [m/n] stood up and smiled

"When Monoma said you were participating in the pageant I thought he was messing with us, but I guess not!" He laughed

"If I'm being honest—" [m/n] leaned forward and whispered into Tetsutetsu's ear "I'm just doing this to piss Monoma off."

A loud laugh escaped Tetsutetsu's lips drawing Monoma's attention to them

"Oi, don't fraternise with the enemy, Tetsutetsu!" Monoma barked as he stomped over to them

"I'm not the enemy, Monoma" [m/n] put a hand on his hips and rolled his eyes

"...is that what you're wearing for the pageant?" The blonde looked him up and down and started cackling "you look like a glow stick"

"Ha. Ha. Very funny" [m/n] deadpanned

"Quit being mean Monoma" Tetsutetsu nudged him quite hard against his side "he probably did his best"

"Tetsu!? This isn't my whole outfit"

"Oh that a relief" the silver haired boy sighed "I wasn't sure how much more I could've defend you"

[m/n] slapped his palm against his forehead and let out a loud groan.

"[m/n]?" Said boy jolted at the familiar voice "you're participating in the beauty pageant!?"

"...yeah. It's a long-ish story" [m/n] shrugged "I'm guessing you are too"

"Yeah..." [s/s] nodded.

It had been a long while since they had their talk and made up? And just as long since they had a conversation that didn't start and end with an awkward 'hey.'