Eighteen

"Welcome back everyone! If you're just tuning in tonight we have Chris Evans and Jordan Hart, here with us. They are engaged and released the news the day after Christmas. I feel like we all got a late Christmas present." Jimmy said and people laughed. 

"Speaking of the engagement..." Jimmy turned to us. "No one knows how the hopeless romantic over here proposed." Jimmy said and me and Chris looked at each other. We were both getting red. Chris nodded and we looked back over to Jimmy. "Oh it's it's definitely a story aright." I said and we both nodded. 

"I say that the story begins about a month, month and a half before the engagement. The day after Chris's birthday he had to leave to do voice recording for the Lightyear movie. He was gone for about three months. Came back middle August?" I turned to Chris and he nodded. 

"The day you got back was fine it's what i expected. I honestly don't think a hand of yours left my body since you walked through the door." I chuckled and more people did too. "But that day was fine. It was great honestly. But maybe not the days after that." I moved my head back and forth. 

"I'm this now. This is in the past. We are great now." Chris said to Jimmy then moved his head to everyone else. "Oh, god. I'm going to start pacing here soon i know it." Jimmy said and rested his forearms on the table. 

"The next couple days slowly started to head in the 180 direction. It was bad. The 'i love you's' weren't said by him very much, the kisses, even to my head, started to slow, touches in general were nonexistent. I've never been more scared in my life. It felt like my nightmares were coming true. Because with everything that went down last March with the hating and everything. I was a ball of anxiety." 

"But about two weeks before Thanksgiving me and my band went to San Diego, which we go every year. When i got home i was attacked by our dogs which i loved because i was away for a week. But as i'm sitting on the ground getting dog kisses, Chris walks over. He told me he had a lunch or something with Sam, his agent. And yet again he left without saying a i love you." Chris's head was now on my shoulder while holding my hand. 

"When I came back down stairs from putting my suitcase away I heard a phone go off. So on instinct I checked my phone. It wasn't mine so looked around and saw Chris's phone. So I went back and forth in my mind of I should check it. So I checked it. And it was a text from Minka. And if you don't know who Minka is she's Chris's ex girlfriend. They went on and off together for what, seven years?" I questioned and Chris nodded. "Chris!" Jimmy yelled and stood up and started pacing.

"I packed up my stuff, said bye to the dogs, wrote a letter to Chris, and left my key in the mailbox. I got on a plane and went to New York so I could be with Scarlett. And now he can take it over." I said and smiled down at Chris. He sat back up but didn't let go of my hand.

"And you guys should know that all works out in the end because she does have that ring." Chris pointed and they laughed at how protective he sounded. He squeezed my hand once more before continuing. 

"I got to Minka's and i didn't realize i left my phone at the house til i was there. So i went back for it. I saw the letter and freaked out. My first though was her band mates house. So while i was on my way there i sped and i kept trying to call Jordan. One of her band mates, Dylan Seb's boyfriend, went off at me. He told me how he was the one who said for Jordan to give me a shot." 

"My side of the story actually starts about a month before i came home. My Mom went down to New York to see how everything was going. We talked and she asked how do i see my future since me and Jordan are very happy and SERIOUS together." Chris raised his voice trying to tell them. 

"I told her without waiting that i want to marry Jordan and i want to lay my roots with her. And my roots include four children." He looked up at me and i met his eyes. "Three is maximum for me." I told him and shook my head. 

"But after my Mom left i knew i didn't want to wait any longer. I turn forty this year and Jordan turns thirty six. Time is kinda ticking for kids. So i started looking for rings. I also asked Jordan's father for his blessing. But even at any place i looked at i didn't feel like i could find one." 

"So when i got home i kept looking. That's why i distanced myself because i was just a ball of anxiety trying to look for the perfect ring. So i decided i needed help. First thought, my family. On the other side of the country. Two, Scarlett. One the other side of the country, pregnant, and filming." 

"So i kept thinking. And my mind went to Minka. Even though we broke up we would still text here and there. Like a happy birthday or something. So i asked if she would help me. And she told that she would love to. Apparently she had actually heard lots about me and Jordan and was really happy for us. So, to be clear. Not a single thing happened between us." Jimmy just nodded getting into it. 

"So, once i found out i spent a week in New York with Scarlett. I came home the day before Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving Chris showed up at the door. He had a box in his hands and looked like he rolled out of bed. Hair was everywhere, red puffy eyes, basketball shorts, and large t-shirt. He talked saying how he didn't know if i was home or not." 

"I brought the box in my room and just left it. Until that night i couldn't sleep without knowing what was inside. There was some jewelry the boys left and picture frames. They were some of my favorite pictures of us. At the bottom was two envelopes. The first was a note saying how he promised nothing happened. And told me why. So i opened the second and my ring dropped into my hand." At this point Jimmy was sitting back down and with his head on his hands. 

"So i ran to Chris's house even though it's one in the morning at this point. When i got there i knocked til he opened up. He told me about how Minka was helping Chris get through the anxiety and helping him with the proposal. Since she knows how he gets she could help." I finished. 

"That's some romance novel shit if I've ever read it!" Jimmy yelled and leaned back in the chair. Me and Chris chuckled as did everyone. "So yes. We are fine. And just as in love as the beginning. Probably more." I smiled. Chris leaned over and kissed my lips. "I love you." He smiled. "I love you too." I returned a smile. 

"Alright well after that cute shit it's time to take another break. After we'll get some info on Chris's upcoming projects and some more about Jordan's band right after this." Jimmy smiled into the camera and turned back to us after they said cut. 

"I didn't imagine that from the hopeless romantic." Jimmy said and i laughed. "Yeah but he had good intentions. Definitely had a good plan." I smiled. 

"I'm right here. And it's definitely not how i wanted it to go. But i got what i wanted in the end." Chris kissed my shoulder before turning to his assistant. 

"You've got a good one, Jordan." Jimmy whispered to me. "Thanks. He's okay i guess." I chuckled. "Jokes aside. I know i do. He's the only one who's really ever cared." I smiled and looked over at Chris. 

He was on his phone texting someone. But he let go with one hand and laced our fingers together. Hell yeah i got a good one. 

I apologize. This is so over do. I had laptop problems this week. It wouldn't charge so i couldn't use it once it died. And i finally got a piece later in the week. Now it's working. So there will be one more part to Jimmy and then i'll move on.