|CHAPTER FOURTEEN|

THE END OF A SCHOOL YEAR

"And I have my two-way mirror with me. You can listen on to my conversation"

Marvolo got the message from Severus through his dark mark and he sighed in relief and fell to the couch in exhaustion.

Hazel sat on her four poster bed, a summon to Dumbledore's office in her hand. She gazed at it and reflected the last few weeks.

FLASHBACK

"Good morning Hazel"

"Good morning Rita. Take a seat."

"Let's not beat about the bush but tell me everything about Dumbledore."

And she had. Hazel had indeed spilled the beans over every plan Dumbledore probably had. She played the part of the victim perfectly. Dumbledore's dark, shady past, his rendezvous with Grindelwald and the murder of Ariana Dumbledore was brought to light. She revealed her living conditions, the mistreatment she had suffered in the hands of her relatives, and the 'obstacles' at school every year.

Hazel felt smug satisfaction at the image of Dumbledore's face when the Prophet would be delivered in a couple of days. The New Year Gala at Malfoy Manor had been a huge success. Lucius had invited not only the dark and neutral sector but also the light sector. She and Marvolo had been ever so pleased when flickers of doubt crossed the Lights' faces after hearing implications of Dumbledore's character.

Thinking about Marvolo, Hazel missed him terribly. He had been awfully clingy the last few days of her Christmas holidays, refusing to let her out of arm's reach. She knew that he would not be happy when he heard of Dumbledore calling her to his office.

_________________________________

Hazel was sitting in the Great Hall with her friends. The Headmaster's glare burnt through her head, but she refused to acknowledge him. She had become more apprehensive as the night dawned. She did not want to visit him. She knew what he was capable of. As much as she despised him, she was no fool. She knew that Dumbledore was no Light Lord as he proclaimed and that he had the darkness of a devil within him.

"Hazel, what's wrong? You've been playing with your food. Eat!", Hermione had gone into her mother hen mood.

The others had also noticed and had begun to question her. The sudden commotion caught the Slytherins notice and Hazel had sudden eye-contact with Draco.

He tried to gain access into her mind and asked, "What's wrong Haz?"

"Dumbledore asked me to meet with him."

Draco's blood ran cold.

"Please get Severus. I'll talk to him"

Draco nodded and withdrew from her head. He went to the Slytherin dorms with his friends subtly requesting Severus to follow.