|CHAPTER TWO|

THE DEPARTURE FROM HOGWARTS

"You've gone dark",

"I always was"

The tension in the Great Hall was so thick, it could be cut with a knife

The tension in the Great Hall was so thick, it could be cut with a knife. The teachers stood with their wands pointed and so did the DA. The biggest surprise came when some Slytherins - Malfoy, Parkinson, Zabini, Greengrass and Nott stood, formed a chain with the DA and raised their own shields. Seeing the disbelief etched on the faces of the DA, Malfoy said, "We might hate you but if they are the Dark Lord's children, then in is our duty to protect them." The DA nodded.

Hazel made sure to arrange the boys carefully right in the centre of the circle. "Mummy", the youngest boy, he - er - her son, yes her son chirped, raising his arms - the universal baby sign of wanting to be carried. Sirius looked so adorable, with pouty lips and hopeful eyes - her eyes, that she could not resist. She picked him up and held him close. He tightened his arms around her neck, buried his face in her sternum and wrapped his legs around her. "Mummy", he sighed happily. 'A mother's presence comforts a child', she had heard. Today she witnessed. She kissed his ruffled wavy hair and said, "Don't worry Siri, I'm with you. All will be fine."

"Hazel, we can't hold the wards for longer. Do something!"

"Mum call Dad", Ares said.

"How?"

"Focus on your connection. You said that it helps. When you see a door, knock on it. I'm sure father will open it soon", Erus replied.

She felt apprehensive about calling Voldemort. Was it safe? Was it the wise choice? While she was debating between her options, Hadrian tucked her sleeve and said, "Mummy call Papa. I want to see him". Sirius nodded in her chest.

Shit! Why did her children have to look so adorable? She could not refuse them. On second thoughts, Voldemort must definitely have done something to win such admiration from her sons - no their sons.

Taking a deep breath and steeling herself, Hazel plunged into the depths of her mind.

She walked and walked and walked and waked along the dark, lonely path, until finally, she reached a door. She knocked on it and waited fearfully. Out came Lord Voldemort in his full glory.

"Potter", he hissed, "What are you doing here??" He was furious.

"Look Voldemort, before you start screaming obscenities, just listen to me once. Please, it's very important."

"Five minutes. Say what you have to say. It better be worth my time Potter, or you will suffer."

"Er - It's very long and I can't exactly say it all."

"Think of the start of the memory and I will be able to see it."

She showed him everything - from the arrival, to their introductions, to Umbridge's torture. From forming a shield to the time when Erus told her to call him.