Chapter 5: Dandelion Puff

Tw: Sort of a mental breakdown (Self hate), mentions of family member death

~Karl POV~

It was 8 PM and I was back on the dandelion field again. It became my escape after bad days like today. I was tired because I was calling with Sapnap the night before until we were both about to fall asleep. But I couldn't sleep because I drank too many Monsters during the day to stay up. I was angry and upset over anything and everything. I just had days like these once in a while.

I lied down in the yellow flowers. I played some music on my spotify and slowly hummed along trying to fall asleep. Suddenly a familiar tune started playing in my ears. It was the song Dandelions that played the first time I was here. Suddenly I remembered the dream I had and a lot or different emotions washed over me.

I felt a tear steam down my cheeck and than another. I decided to just let myself cry, I always had trouble letting out my emotions. I put the song on repeat as I sat up and curled into a ball. In that moment I felt so alone and I just wanted someone to comfort me and hug me. I felt worthless and weak.

Suddenly I saw a one single white dandelion and decided to just blow it into the wind and make a wish. I wished to be stronger and I wished to confess to Sapnap.

Dandelion, into the wind you go
Won't you let my darling know?

I heard the lyrics and I smiled. I realized I have fallen really hard. I closed my eyes and slowly started calming down.

~Sapnap POV~

I was sitting under the old oak tree again when suddenly I saw dandelion puff floating in the wind. I wanted to just ignore it but my curiosity got the best out of me. I stood up and slowly starting towards the direction the puff came from.

As I walked further to the field I saw someone sitting, holding their knees close to their chest but I couldn't see them clearly because it was dark. As I walked closer I heard quiet sobbing and some unfamiliar song.

"Hello, are you ok?" I decided to ask calmly.

The person snapped their head up and looked me into eyes. It was a boy and he looked very familiar. I saw his eyes were puffy and cheeks red from crying. Than I saw his eyes widen.

"Sapnap?" he asked sounding very surprised.

When I heard his voice something clicked in my brain.

"Karl?" I asked shocked.

"Yes it's me," he sighed and quickly wiped the tears from his eyes.

I smiled and sat down next to him slowly warping my arm around his shoulders. He closed his eyes and leaned his head on my shoulder, he was visibly tired.

"Why were you crying?" I asked him and started rubbing circles in his shoulder.

"It's nothing, I just had a bad day," he answered quietly and I understood that he didn't want to talk about it.

"Why are you here?" he asked quietly.

"I go here often, my mom used to take me here often before she died," I said with a sad smile.

"Oh, I am sorry I didn't know."

"That's fine. You know, the day Dream introduced us? That was a week after she had died. That week I spent my whole days in bed and that one day I decided to finally do something. And I am happy I did, because thanks to that I made an amazing friend, you Karl," I didn't realise that calling him my friend would hurt so much.

I saw he is shivering so I carefully took of my jacket and gave it to him. Than I wrapped my arm around him again.

"thank you," he said.

"My mom would like you. You remind me of her sometimes, you were the first one who made me smile and laugh. Not even my dad or Dream and George's flirting made me smile. I trusted her a lot, she was also the first one I came out to as bisexual," I said without thinking.

"You are bisexual?" Karl asked surprised.

"Oh my god, I didn't realize I said it, well I hope you accept me since you are Bi yourself," I said with my cheeks heating up.

"I want to tell you something but I am scared I won't have the courage to do it," Karl said nervously and I looked at him reassuringly.

"Lately I have been feeling wierd when talking to you, I always feel butterflies in my stomach and my cheeks heat up all the time when I talk to you. And I think- no let me rephrase that. I know I am in love with you," he said with some confidence and looked back at me.

We were staring into each others eyes and I realized our faces were really close, so I places my hand on his cheek and closed the gap in a kiss. The kiss was wonderful and fireworks exploded in my stomach. After a while we broke the kiss and pressed out forheads together.

"I'm in love with you too Karl, will you be my boyfriend?" I asked him with a smile.

"Yes Sapnap, of course I will be your boyfriend!" he giggled.

"Can I kiss you again?" I asked him.

Without answering he pressed his lips against mine. This kiss was even better the first one. I saw a little dandelion so I picked it up and put it behind Karl's ear.

"What did you wish when you blown the dandelion?" I remembered.

"To be confident enough to confess to you," he answered blushing.

"And the dandelion puff brought me here," I smiled.

He sofly started humming a melody and I realised it was the same song that was still quietly playing from his phone. I decided to stand up and I reached my hand towards Karl who was looking at me with a confused expression.

"Can I have this dance?" I asked him.

He turned the volume up on the song and took my hand after. They started slowly dancing to the song. After the song ended we pressed our foreheads together and I quietly said.

"I guess both of our wishes came true."

"What did you wish for?" he asked me.

"I wished for you to be mine," I answered and we connected our lips in another kiss.

-
Word count: 1087

A/N: Guys this is not the ending yet, but only few chapters left
This is a longer chapter so I took a little longer working on it but I hope you like it
I had a lot of tests this week so I didn't have so much time

Also congratulations to Karl, George and Dream for Streamy awards! I love their content 💜

And this week was also Skeppy and Badboyhalo's 3 years muffinversary so HAPPY MUFFINVERSARY to all muffins! ❤️ 💙

Eat, sleep and drink water, take care!

-Sal 💙

Vote?