Chapter 1: Mom

Tw: mention of family member death

~Sapnap POV~

Karl was my first new friend after my mom had passed out. When she passed I almost didn't go out of bed anymore, only to eat, shower or go to the bathroom. But, one day Dream texted me that he wants me to join the smp and meet someone, I really didn't have energy to do it but I knew I needed social contact so I turned on my computer and joined the SMP.

After I joined Dream spammed me to join the VC so I did. In the VC there was Dream with George and someone named Karl Jacobs.

"Hi guys!"

"Wow Sapnap, you really don't sound good," George pointed out.

"Well, I wanted you to meet Karl. Karl meet Sapnap," Dream introduced us.

"Hello Sapnap!" Karl said with a cheery voice and I smiled probably for first time from when mom passed out.

"Hi Karl," I said back to him with a little more energy.

We ended up playing on the SMP for 2 hours what consisted of Dream flirting with his boyfriend and me getting to know Karl a little. I found out that he is 20 and he's openly bisexual, he likes to pain his nails and likes minecraft a lot, he started streaming on twitch 2 months ago and streams mostly minecraft.

"Would you maybe like to join one my streams sometimes?" I asked Karl after Dream and George left.

"Really? I would love to," he replied.

"We could stream minecraft tomorrow, maybe on the SMP or some minigames like bedwars? I haven't streamed in a week and my fans are getting upset," I giggled and even if 3 hours ago I wouldn't be up for streaming any time soon now I had feeling that I could stream for a while tomorrow.

"Sure, I have nothing planned for tomorrow."

"Ok then, I will let you know before the stream to join the VC."

"Sounds good, well do you wanna play some bedwars now or do you have to go?" he asked.

I looked at the clock and it was 5 PM, "Yeah I can play a few games."

"Ok, I'll send you the party request."

We ended up playing bedwars for another hour and lost most of the games because we were laughing all the time. I didn't think it would be so easy to laugh but here I am, laughing over some stupid think Karl has said.

"Bye Karl, talk to you tomorrow if you're still up for joining my stream."

"Goodbye Sapnap! Of course I am still up for the stream, talk to you tomorrow!" he said before disconnecting from the VC.

I disconnected too and turned off my computer. I really wanted to tell my mom about Karl. I missed her but I didn't want to go to the graveyard. If I went there I would very probably cry but I didn't want to cry. Today was a happy day and I didn't want to make it bad by crying.

Then I remembered the old oak tree on the dandelion field. My mom used to take me there often and we would have picnics under the tree or we would go there late in the night and stargaze. She said that if she was anywhere I could always go there and say everything to the moon, that she would hear it. So I decided to go there.

The field was only 10 minutes away from our house so I decided to take a walk. I put on a jacket and my shoes. It was 7 PM and my dad was still in work so I didn't have to bother letting him know I am leaving. It was a really refreshing walk and I finally got some fresh air after being locked up in my room for a week.

When I saw the tree I smiled as few memories rushed back to me. I sat down and looked at the sky, the sun was just setting and the first stars were starting to show and I just quietly sat there and watched the sunset.

After the sun has set and I could see milions of stars I could also see the moon. It was a full moon today.

"Hello mom, I miss you," I said looking at the moon.

"Today I met someone new, his name is Karl and he is a year older than me. Tomorrow we plan on streaming minecraft together. I think you would like him," I said with a tear going down my cheek but still smiling.

"He is bisexual and he likes to paint his nails, I think it's adorable," I continued.

"Today was the first day I really felt happy from your death and Karl made me laugh a lot," now I started sobbing but the smile still didn't leave my face.

"I miss you a lot and I hope you are good up there. I hope you are proud of me. I love you mom," as on a call the wind blowed to my face and it felt like a cold hug.

I started looking at the different stars and I tried to find star constellations but I didn't know any. After a while I stood up and walked home smiling. That night I had a dream about my mom.

~Karl POV~

Today Dream introduced me to Sapnap. I could sence that he was upset about something, he didn't sound good, as George pointed out. I didn't know him long enough to ask him what is wrong so I tried my best to cheer him up and it worked.

After Dream and George left he even asked me to stream with him tomorrow. Then we played bedwars but almost always lost because we were laughing too much. Maybe he just had a bad day but either way I was happy that I managed to cheer him up. I can't wait to get to know him a little more.

-
Word count: 1000

A/N: I hope you like this story, it will probably be a shorter story
I am sick rn so I have too much free time and I got and idea for this fanfic.

Eat, sleep and drink water, take care!

-Sally 💙

Vote?