8

Another day, another seven long hours of Y/N going back to school. The Chuckle Boys were pained every day to watch their little baby going off into the big world, but hey, it was all a part of growing up.

The three waved to Y/N as she headed into the school building, trying their best not to tear up and cry.

Meanwhile, though, Y/N was happily skipping down the hall, honestly not giving a care in the world. She loved school, so much so that she didn't even think about how it affected her "fathers".

Walking into the classroom, Y/N hummed a little tune and put her backpack up, before sitting at her desk and giggling to herself. Today they were supposed to learn how to add and subtract numbers, but she felt confident since Charlie had already sat down and explained some of it.

Since she was there early, though, not many kids were in the classroom yet. Hell, even the teacher wasn't in there. Just a bunch of third graders alone in a classroom. What could go wrong?

As Y/N set up the things on her desk, two girls in her class made their way over to her. Thinking some new friends were about to be made, Y/N immediately perked up with a smile. "Hello! My name is Y/N! What's yours?"

One of the girls just laughed a bit while the other smirked in a devious way. "That's a stupid name. They should've named you Stinky instead."

Y/N couldn't help but frown a bit hearing these words from the other girl. "That wasn't very nice.."

"Well what if I don't wanna be nice?" The girl snickered. "By the way, how come you have three dads? That's weird."

The frown on Y/N's face grew as she looked at the two girls. "What do you mean?.."

Both girls snickered and laugher. "Everyone else here only has two parents. A mommy and a daddy. You have three daddies, and that's weird."

These girls just kept going on, telling poor Y/N that she was a freak, and so was her family. This went on until little Y/N was in tears, bringing her knees to her chest and quietly crying as both girls walked away and laughed.

Poor Y/N's day was miserable after that. She wasn't excited to learn about numbers anymore, or play at recess. She didn't even eat much at lunch.

When it was time to go home, Y/N just climbed into Charlie's car without a word, sitting in the backseat and putting her head down. Charlie was the only one there for now since Schlatt was busy editing and Ted was out running a few errands. It wasn't hard for him to notice Y/N was upset.

"How was school, Y/N?" Charlie asked softly, turning to look back at her.

Keeping her knees to her chest, Y/N just gave a tiny shrug as she stared at her shoes. "It was okay.." She spoke quietly.

Obviously, Charlie wasn't an idiot. He could already tell from the tone of her voice that none of it was okay. "You sure, honey? You sure do seem down.."

"I said it was okay Dad.." Y/N said quickly rubbing her eyes. "It's just.. I'm hungry! The school food was yucky today.."

Of course, Charlie still had the suspension something was wrong, but didn't want to push the poor kid. "Hmm, okay then. If that's the case, you can help me fix dinner." Charlie smiled, before turning back around, beginning to drive.

It felt like forever before they finally arrived home, Charlie helping Y/N out of the car and into their home. He sat her things down on the couch, before heading into the kitchen to start on dinner.

Honestly, helping Charlie made Y/N feel a lot better. She giggled as she helped him nead the dough for their pizza crust. The gang usually had a schedule for who picked dinner, and tonight was Ted's night to choose. And of course, the tall man went for some good ol' classic pizza.

Eventually Schlatt finished his editing and joined little Y/N and Charlie in the kitchen, helping both of them with dinner. And it didn't take long before Ted arrived back home, and the food was finished.

All of them sat at the kitchen table, quietly, Ted helping each of them get a plate with a slice. While the guys ate peacefully, though, Y/N sat there staring at her plate.

Finally, the young one spoke up, looking at all of her dads. "Papa.. pops.. dad.. why don't I have a mommy?"

Schlatt nearly choked on his slice of pizza. Charlie dropped his. And Ted didn't even get a bite of his. All three boys immediately sat up, all of their attention now on the younger one. "What do you mean, honey?" Charlie asked softly.

"These girls at school today called me weird for having three dads.. saying all of them had a mommy and a daddy, and nothing else.. they called all of us freaks.."

Scoffing, Schlatt wiped his mouth. "Well, all families are different, kid. Don't take it to heart, okay? They say they all have moms, but some of them could be missing a dad. Or a mom. Or parents in general."

Y/N looked down at her plate and bit her tongue. "Does that mean I have a mommy out there?"

Once again all of the boys sat there with wide eyes. Lowering his voice, Ted glanced around at the others. "Do we?-"

"She needs to know." Charlie said with a small frown, before taking a deep breath.

"Y/N, we need to have a talk."