1

"Gap to Tsunoda is 0.82 seconds. Time for another overtake Abi." The voice of her race engineer, Andrew, spoke through the radio as she came around the corner into the start/finish straight, which was also one of this weekend's DRS zones.

"You read my mind." The Brit smiled within her helmut as she activated DRS and moved to the inside in order to overtake the newest Alpha Tauri driver.

"Nice one Abi. Next driver in front is Russell. Gap is 2.7 seconds."

There was now 10 laps left of the Austrian Grand Prix and Abigial had the chance of securing her highest finish since she started racing in F1. She was currently running P11 after passing Yuki and if she passed George she would be up into the points and would have a chance to unlap herself if she played everything right.

"What are we thinking?" Abigail wondered as she turned the corner and saw a Williams in her sight.

"If you overtake Russell, then we're looking at Gasly, Leclerc and Riccardo who are all within 1.5 seconds of each other. It's there Abi. It's time to drive." Andrew explained through the radio from his seat on the Alpine pit wall.

After Esteban's early retirement, the team were counting on Abigial to score some points this weekend and she planned to deliver even more then what was expected of her.

"See you in Parc Ferme." Abigial replied before fixing her eyes on the car in front of her as she got within DRS range of Russell.

She got past him in the third DRS zone before coming around turn 10 onto the main straight. She was now up into the points place but wasn't satisfied just yet. Next on her list was Gasly, Leclerc and Riccardo. Anyone else she could pass in the next 9 laps would be a bonus.

"And now we're talking to a girl who Crofty and Martin have nickname the Overtake Queen after her performance today." Nataile Pinkham spoke as the Alpine driver and her PR officer walked up to the Sky Sports Presenter. "Abigail, you started P15 and finished P7, which is your highest F1 finish so far in your career. Congratulations. Talk us through the race."

"Thank you Nataile. Yeh it was great to score some good points for the team especially with Esteban's unfortunate DNF. I'm happy with my drive, nothing special just focused on driving, I tried not to worry to much about strategies or that and my team gave me the license to drive and I did that, thankfully it paid off." The Alpine drive explained as she ran her sweaty hands down the leg of her race suit that was tied around her waist.

"Well congratulations again Abigail. We'll look forward to seeing you on home soil in Silverstone." Nataile told the young girl.

"Thank you. I'm looking forward to it." Abigial replied before walking away with her PR officer, Lorelai, for company as they walked away from the media pen and towards Alpine's motor home.

"That's media duties done for today. Congrats again Abigial."  Lorelai informed the Brit as she held open the door of the motor home.

"Thanks Lorelai." Abigail answered before parting way with the woman and heading for her driver's room.

She headed inside room and laid down on the bed against the wall for a few minutes to mentally relive the race in her which caused her to smile as she closed her eyes for a moment before slipping into a state of sleep.

Ted Kravitz and his cameraman Pete were walking through the Paddock as the sun set over the RedBull Ring. It was currently 7:30pm and the last of the various team members were finishing up their duties before they could leave the circuit.

"And now we have Alpine. A DNF for Esteban Ocon gave us all the impression that Alpine would go without points this weekend but then Abigial Wilson stepped up to the plate and finished P7, her highest finished since starting formula one."

Ted explained as he walked around in front of the black motor home with the red, white and blue logo on the door and motor home itself. As he continued to talk about the young Wilson girl, he started to walk towards the next team's motor home while the doors to Alpine opened.

Abigial walked out wearing a large Alpine hoodie that was too big on her but she found comfortable for travelling in. She was also wearing a pair of black leggings and white trainers. On her bag was her backpack that held her laptop, earphones, chargers and other necessities for travelling as she wheeling her suitcase beside her.

"And speaking of, here she is, Abigial Wilson." Ted spoke as he noticed the Wilson girl walking towards him in her efforts to leave the Paddock.

"Abigail congratulations on today. Looking forward to Silverstone now?" Ted wondered as he walked alongside the brown haired girl.

"Thanks Ted. I'm really happy with the result. Yeh looking forward to Silverstone. I always enjoyed racing at home in F2 and this year to do it on F1 makes it even more special." Abigail explained as she continued to walk with the camera in front recording her interaction with Ted.

"I'm sure it is. And we're all looking forward to seeing you drive again and hopefully build on your great result from this weekend. Dare we even say a podium?" Ted teased which cause the Alpine driver to laugh.

"Well I'm sure that would be pushing it but I'll always strive to be the best and aim for top results. Today was just the start and I plan to do even better from now on." Abigail told the Sky Sports reporter causing him to smile.

"And we all look forward to watching you and your career grow. I'll let you go, thanks Abigial." Ted spoke before her stopped walking and turned to the Alfa Romeo motor home to continue with Ted's Notebook.

First chapter. Any thoughts? Let me know what you guys think please. Don't know how often or regular updates will be but I'll try to get them up when I can.

-ky❤️