Chapter 2

It happened one summer

The burgundy door swung open to reveal Samantha's pair of deep chocolate brown eyes with raised eyebrows. Her soft light brown hair was framed around her face in waves fading into a golden blonde ombré.

Freckles peaked beneath her glittering brown eyes, and she wore her delicate smile.

She said nothing as I walked through the door way. She shut the door behind me, as I started through her house towards the stairs for her bedroom.

Sam's house always had this warm feeling to it. I always felt at home here, safe and cozy. I guess that's what homes supposed to feel like.

I began taking off my leather jacket as I stomped up the stairs, Sam behind me.

As I neared Sam's door my phone buzzed in my jacket pocket, I grabbed it and opened the text.

20 minutes. Be home, or I'll come get u. Not kidding M.
-Dustin.

I rolled my eyes, not bothering to waste my time with him, stashing my phone in my left jean pocket, ignoring the text.

As I read the text Sam had gone into her room, I followed and plopped myself right onto the bed, face down.

"Saaaaaaam," I dragged out her name in a flat tone.

She mimicked me, "Emmm".

I looked up from her soft pillow that smelled of her perfume and smiled at her; at our stupidity.

"So I was thinking.." She lead on, trailing to an idea.

"Oh God, this is gonna be bad." I joked smiling at her sudden frown that tilted up in a quirky manner.

"We should call up the guys and go have a night out," she finished.

I sat up straight, no longer laying on my stomach. "You mean, go out tonight? As in right now?" I questioned instantly.

"Yea, you can invite Zach," she wiggled her eyebrows adding emphasis to his name, "And I'll invite Cody I guess."

I smiled at the thought of us four just driving around our town, not caring about anything in the world.

"What will we do?" I asked, trying to piece together her vague plan for the night.

"Well, if only we had a friend named Zachary, that happened to have a muscle car we could drive through the city. If only he had a friend Cody, who we knew as well that had endless amounts of alcohol in his pantry downstairs with no parents at home at all." She retorted.

I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm, taking a great interest in her sudden plans for the night.

"I'm in"

"Well I was counting on it Emma" she bit back playfully.

We both laughed as I pulled out my phone to text Zach, and her Cody.

Hey, u busy tonight ?
-Sent.

I set my phone down on the bed waiting for Zach's reply. I looked up at Sam seeing her soft features hold a girly smile as she giggles lightly, a blush dazing over her face.

I shook my head, smiling at the girl I had always know as hard and edgy presenting such soft and girly features.

"Someone's got a crush," I teased lightly.

Her eyebrows raised instantly, eyes narrowing into slits peeking up straight at me as she'd heard my tease for her and Cody.

"That never happened," she whispered. All I could respond with was a nod and I shook with laughter, falling off the bed.

Lying on my back I felt a buzz in my jean pocket. I pulled out my phone reading the texts,

No, I'm at home bored out my mind.. But sounds like you've made plans with me, I'm in. }:)
-Zach

A short burst of laughter consumed me after seeing his cute devil face he had texted.

With a new wave of determination for fun tonight I looked up at Sam with a devious smirk, "Let's roll".

--------------------------
Authors Note:
Sorry for the delay guys, and short chapter. I've been really busy lately with homework and mid-terms.

This weekend I'll have. Longer chapter posted.

Promise :))))))

XoXo
~jessica 💕