Chapter 10

"I live so I love." -BTS 'Trivia: Love'

'Thinking of something special.'

October 2, 2020

Sunoo smiles like a fool while spacing out at the cash register. "Kim Sunoo," his co-workers keep repeating whilst snapping their fingers in front of his face. 'Wait,' Jisung mouths over to Jaemin who was on the right side on Sunoo's side while he stood at the left. Jisung clears his throat, "Oh! My Park brother, Park Sunghoon." He exclaims cheerfully.

"W- w- where is he?" Sunoo asks, finally snapping back to his senses.

It was just last night that the two had a deep conversation and needless to say, he couldn't stop thinking about the older.

When he woke up this morning, he had a roller coaster of emotions.

First, he felt extremely embarrassed for what he had mindlessly ranted out to someone who was supposed to be nothing more than a housemate. Next, after remembering how the older had responded so warm-heartedly, he felt shy and flattered. Then, he noticed that there was a note on the bedside table that said, 'Good morning my sun! I didn't wake you up because you need the rest, you're probably still tired. Rest well and have a good day. --Your Star' The note made him happy. You read it right, Kim Sunoo was happy.

Sunoo turns to face the two colleagues and glares at them after unsuccessfully spotting the black-haired. "You fooled me!" he says with a frown.

The two chuckle because they only thought of the youngest as cute. "Oh, hi Sunghoon-ssi," Jaemin waves looking behind Sunoo, the other side of the register.

Sunoo rolls his eyes and sticks his out, "You aren't going to fool me again," he says in a mocking voice before turning around with a pout.

"Welcome to Let Me In cafe. What would you like to order today?" He asks, not sparing a glance at the customer as he continues to sulk. Meanwhile, the customer was still in a daze while internally cooing on how cute the worker looks with a pout.

"Sunghoon. Park Sunghoon," Jisung snaps his fingers in front of the face of his same-aged friend just like he had done earlier with the younger.

The call made Sunoo look up, realizing that his coworkers weren't lying moments ago, Sunghoon is really here.

Snapping out of the trance, Sunghoon clears his throat with a racing heart and pink cheeks he speaks, "I'll have a vanilla cake and one iced americano please."

Sunoo smile, "That'll be 4,500 won. Will you be dining in or will you takeaway?"

"For here please."

"Will you be paying with cash, card, or QR?"

"QR," Sunghoon mumbles, still flustered.

After the paying procedure was done Sunoo smiles brightly, "You may take a seat, we'll bring your order in just a moment."

Sunghoon smiles adoringly, "Thank you," he says before turning around and walking away and to an empty table placed by the shops' large window, where he usually sits.

He was still not over how cute sulking Sunoo looked. He smiles like a fool as the image comes back to his mind. Since the moment that he had met the younger, he thought that he was cute. He knew that well by now, Kim Sunoo was a cute human. It would be a lie if he said that he didn't think the younger was the cutest human he has met. But out of nowhere, three or four days ago, his heart began to beat faster every time he was around him and especially when he acted cutely. He would also get a weird feeling in his stomach every time. He was confused. After meeting Sunoo, it was the first time that this has happened to his heart. He was not naive and knew that it wasn't normal, it was a new emotion for him. Not even NingNing, who he thought he liked, ever made him feel like this. If he was honest, he was utterly confused and scared. Why did he start feeling these things? Why with a guy? Don't get Sunghoon wrong, he's always been supportive of the LGBTQ+ community. He has always had the belief that people should be able to love whoever they wanted (unlike his parents- but that's a story for another time) but he never thought he would be bisexual, pansexual or even gay. He has never even liked anyone or had a simple, small crush. Whatever he had with NingNing, was barely attraction and now he had established that he only feels comfortable with her in a friendly way.

It was sudden when the female texted him introducing herself by saying that his best friend, Jay, had given her his number and that she was Jay's classmate. He felt happy when that happened because it was not so common for people to approach him as he had the reputation of the 'Ice Prince' of the school. Barely with any friends, no smiles ever shown, and a figure skater. Only a little amount of people had had the opportunity to ever see his beautiful smile except for his friends such as Jay and Park Jisung who had constantly seen it and knew his real personality; his goofy, sweet, caring, real personality. Everyone had a totally opposite impression of him. The only reason he barely smiles at school is that he always preferred to focus on his studies with no distractions. No smiling, laughing, or the privilege of having many friends. That's why when Jay had asked him for the favor of taking someone in he had hesitated for a while. It would only be a distraction, he had thought. Now, he definitely doesn't regret the decision he made.

What he felt for Sunoo was different, unlike what he had felt with the couple of friends that he had made. Sunoo was someone that he always wanted between his arms, to protect him. Always wanting to listen to his voice, never getting tired of it. To look at his face all day long because he surely will never get tired of it either. He wanted to know him more, know every single thing about him, he wanted to hug him, cuddle him, kiss him-

Sunghoon widens his eyes, 'I like Kim Sunoo...'

'But isn't it too early?' He thought worriedly.

"Your order is here," a familiar voice chimes in, making him look up.

"Thanks, Sun," Sunghoon says with a toothy smile.

"What were you thinking of just now? You looked really concentrated."

"Just..." He smiles, "Just thinking of something special."

'I like Kim Sunoo.'