Chapter 10: I was better when I was asleep

"Rave." A faint voice calls out to me. I mentally groan. I love sleep.

"Come on, Rave. Open your eyes." Damnit! The dark slowly starts to fade.

"Rave if you don't wake up I'm taking you to the hospital!" No! I hate hospitals!

"Weeb meh awown." I grumble. Well, that was supposed to be 'leave me alone', but you get the point.

"She's almost awake! Get me a bottle of water and a rag." I hear the voice shout. My eyes snap open.

"What's going on, Quill?" I squint at the crowd around me.

"Oh thank god you're okay. Rave you just got in a wreck. Does anything hurt?" He breathes out. I wince, my arm and leg feeling like its burning.

"My arm and leg." I groan. Wait... did he just say wreck? "I got in a wreck?"

"Yes. Rave I think we should take you to a doctor; you skinned your arm and leg pretty bad. You might have a concussion too."

"No, I hate doctors." He gives me a look. "Just take me back home."

"Still in New York?" I nod a little.

"Road trip!"

"Damn... What did I get myself into?"

Many hours later we've finally entered New York. Thank god too. I don't know how much longer I can handle him!

"Hey Rave?"

"Yes, Quill?"

"Are you afraid of the dark?" I frown.

"No... Quill?"

"Yeah?"

"Are YOU afraid of the dark?" He fake gasps and slams on the breaks. Horns blare behind us.

"Hunny I am a man. No man is afraid of the dark!"

"Damnit, Quill! Drive! You can't stop in the middle of rush hour in New York!" I screech.

"Whoops." He smiles sheepishly.

"Quill if you in any way damage my fucking car, I'm going to tie you to your broke ass car and send it flying into the ocean. One scratch and you're gone!" I growl. He laughs.

"I am an excellent driver!" And with that, he swerve around three other cars, inches from each other.

"Don't push it, jackass." I dig my nails into his arm. He yelps.

"Don't hurt me! Then I really would crash."

I blow out a steamy breath. What can I say? I love my cars!

Another couple hours of being tortured by Quills annoying mouth, we finally enter my city.

"Stop at the store, Quill. I want an energy drink."

"Hun, you probably have a concussion. I don't think an energy drink would be good for that."

Damn... Pulling out my phone, I text Melanie.

Hey Mel. Going to the hospital, don't ask why. If you need something, just text Olivia. She'll understand. -KRT

"Just take me to the hospital, Quill." I sigh.

At the hospital I request a certain doctor, a shifter like me, who gives me some antibiotics along. He tells me that I have a mild concussion and also stitches and disinfects all my other wounds.

"Now was that so bad?" Quill asks as he walks me to my apartment.

"Whatever." I hand him a couple hundred dollars.

"What's this for?"

"Get a cab to take you home or something."

"I just stay at a friends a few blocks away." He tries giving me the money back but I refuse.

"Seriously, I have more than enough money. A couple hundred isn't that bad."

"Ugh, fine." I unlock the door and let us both in.

"Rave!" Mel flings her arms around me. I wince. "Whoops, sorry!"

"It's okay, Mel."

"I started freaking out when I got your text, so I called Olivia. I guess she texted Reed and he started flipping out, too. He came over a couple minutes ago but you weren't here. He wanted to wait but I guess he had some stuff to do." she rambles on. I laugh.

"Mel, why don't you go relax. You look tired." I notice her trembling fingers. She looks down at her hands.

"Oh that's nothing. I always shake when I'm nervous." Smiling, I pat her lightly on the back.

"Okay, how about-"

"Kelsey?" I hear a new voice enter the room. I roll my eyes and turn to Reed.

"Yes, Reed?" He gasps when he sees me.

"Oh I'm so glad you're okay!" He hugs me tightly, but not enough to hurt me.

"Got yourself a boy, Rave?" Quill pipes in.

"Quill, don't you have to go somewhere?" I snap.

"Hi, I'm Reed. You are?" Reed states with politeness. My eyebrows shoot up. Reed being nice? And not jealous?

"Quill Manson." They shake hands briefly. "I gotta go, Rave. Don't want to be on the streets of New York at night. Bye!" And with that, Quill disappears.

"I'm just gonna head up to bed. Night!" Mel runs up the stairs, leaving Reed and I alone.

"You know I'm sorta surprised with you." I tell him.

"I know you hate when I get jealous, because I 'overreact', so I thought I'd ease up." He gives me a small smile.

"Mhm." I close my eyes, still tired from the wreck.

"Can I stay the night, Kels?"

I breathe through my nose heavily. "I guess."

We climb the stairs, painfully for me, I might add, and lay down in my room.

"Night, Kels."

"Goodnight, Reed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soo.... Yeahh...... I had no idea how to end that.

PLEASE COMMENT!! I LOVE READING THE FEEDBACK <3

Comment, vote, and/or fan!

You guys are awesome ^-^

Thanks for reading!!!!

Plus, I will continue to update when I can! :D