Child of Envy: Russell and Syakomon || Chapter 12

Locomon sped to a full stop, at a small train station that was outside of a forest, miles away from all the chaos. Everyone got out, looking around curiously at the quiet forest scenery.
"Uh...Where exactly are we now?" Logan asks.
"Hey, I thought these train stations usually got off at towns and cities?" Terriermon asks, looking confused as he turns to Locomon. "Locomon, isn't there supposed to be a town or something around here?"
"I don't know, I could've sworn there was a village around here..." Locomon says, looking around. "I'm just the ride though, so I wouldn't know. Try looking around for it, I guess." Before anyone can respond to Locomon, he closes his doors, quickly speeding off.
"Hey, look at this..." Lily points to a jagged stake in the ground, looking like the top half of it was ripped out.
"Whoa...You think a sign used to be here?" Blaine asks, staring at it.
"...Maybe..." Lily responds.
"So, about that Demondestined kid, Alec..." Allison curiously looks to Jake. "Was he just like, hiding on the train the whole time?"
"Yeah, but he jumped off after the fight..." Jake says, looking around. "I...Don't think he should be anywhere near us. Plus, he also had a tag and crest, just like mine...And said he could also Digivolve to ultimate."
"Whoa, seriously?" Blaine looked a bit shocked by this statement, looking away. "Urgh, those Demondestined are a bigger threat then I thought...It's like they've got pretty good control over the land too."
"Maybe we should hurry up and find that village Locomon was talking about..." Veemon adds.
"Yeah, you're right...We should hurry before the Demondestined find us again." Lily says, as everyone starts walking into the forest.
"You guys really think there's a village all the way out here?" Logan asks.
"Let's just hope so..." Blaine says. Everyone sees a cobblestone path, walking down the path, leading through a pretty forest view, everyone admiring it as they walked.
"Wow...This forest really looks beautiful..." Lily says. The forest had a quiet nature to it, and with the tall trees, they couldn't see the dark red sky, but it was somehow still bright, which was a nice, calm break for everyone compared to the previous chaos from earlier.
"Hey! Over there, there's a lake!" Veemon points to the distance, everyone running over to the end of the path, which leads to a view of a beautiful lake. Everyone pauses, admiring the sparkling water.
"I don't like this..." Terriermon frowns, crossing his arms. "There's something weird going on here!"
"Terriermon, what are you talking about?" Jake asks.
"He's kind've got a point, actually..." Lily says. "Almost feels like the village would be...Right here..."
"I think you're right..." Blaine looks back towards the path. "That path was specifically carved to lead to something...Right here..."
"Yeah...And that broken stake at the train station? It looks like it was a sign that got torn in half." Logan adds.
"Yeah! I think there used to be a village in this very spot, but it's gone now!" Terriermon says. Everyone is unsure of what to think about this, exchanging confused glances.
"Wait, seriously? So it just like, disappeared into thin air or something?" Jake asks, confused.
"You could be right." A voice agrees with them, but it didn't come from any of the group members, everyone looking around for the source of the voice...

" A voice agrees with them, but it didn't come from any of the group members, everyone looking around for the source of the voice