campfire

A/N: this will be kinda a short chapter, i'll start working on the next one as soon as possible!!

"Max get up now!" David shook Max up.

"Noooooo," he mumbled pulling his blanket completely over him.

"Max it's 7 pm! You've been napping all day!" David shouts.

"Then just let me go to bedddd," the young boy wines.

David pulls the covers and drops them on the floor.

"Fuck you!" Max yells, sitting up in his bed.

David laughs, "I'm sorry Max but you can't miss the first campfire of the camp year!"

Max rolls his eyes and walks out of the tent towards the campfire. He sees Neil and Nikki sitting there.
And then he remembers he almost drowned because of Neil. He starts to feel nauseous again.

"Alrighty campers! I can't wait for the first campfire of the year!" David smiles.

"Yeah...so excited..." Gwen says annoyed.

Max sits next to Nikki, avoiding eye contact with Neil.

"You alright Max?" Nikki whispers, noticing Max looks more miserable than ever.

"Yes, I'm fine Nikki," Max reassures her.

"Okay kids! It's campfire questioning time! Let's start with what's one word to describe your school year?" David asks.

"Fun!" Nikki shouts.

"Science!" Neil yells.

"Mysterious!" Nerris smiles.

"Boring," Harrison laughs.

"Cool, like me," Ered smiles.

"Fighting!" Nurf yells.

"Performance!" Preston dramatically speaks.

"Veautiful!" Dolph shouts.

"Educationnnn!" Space Kid smiles.

David notices Max hasn't gone

"What about you Max?" David questions his silence.

Max knows. The chores, the drunk parents, the missing assignments, and the failed tests.

"Fucking miserable," Max glares at him.

"Hey! That's two words!" Space Kid shouts.

"YOU FUCKER-"

Max was about to off but Nikki shoved him on the arm.

"I'm sure it can't be that bad!" David smiles.

Of course he wouldn't understand, Max thought. He's always so positive which annoys me.

David pulls out his guitar and starts to sing. Gwen even joins in.

"There's a place I know that's tucked away..." David starts.

Max's eyes start to get heavy again. He looked around at his fellow campers who were enjoying themselves.

***

About an hour later, everyone was tired of the songs and questions and it was bedtime. Max walked into his tent and sighed. He lays down and looks up at the ceiling. He was so tired yet he couldn't fall asleep. A russling noise is heard from outside his tent.

"Uh- hello?" Max asked curiously.

"It's uh- me," Neil peeks and walks into his tent.

"Oh," Max's face immediately turning annoyed.

What did he want now? To stab me? Max thought.

"I uh- I just wanted to say I'm sorry for forcing you into the lake," Neil awkwardly rubs his neck.

"You should be," Max glares at him.

Max had severe trust issues. He really didn't know if he could trust Neil again.

"I fucked up Max, I just, I didn't know you couldn't swim and I'm really fucking sorry," Neil frowns.

"Ok, could you just leave me alone?" Max asked rolling onto his sleeping side.

"Yeah Max, I'm so sorry, you don't have to forgive me but I just have never felt so bad," Neil starts to walk out of Max's tent.

"You're fine, just please I want to go to bed!" Max shouted.

"Okay, bye Max," Neil leaves his tent.

Neil felt a bit annoyed on how Max took his apology. He thought he would atleast say I forgive you. But nope.

Max closes his eyes. Hugging tight to Mr. Honeynuts. He was just happy he wasn't home.

hi sorry this was a very very quick chapter, the next one will have more angst i promise love y'all