Around Town

The next morning, the two of you set off to explore town.

Spamton gripped your hand with a smile as you showed him your town.

"We'll explore town, but then we have to head back to my place so I can pack my things up." You explained.

"Why exactly do you need to do that?" He tilted his head.

"Oh! I must've forgotten to mention it. I'm moving into an apartment that I found downtown. This is my last year of college." You said.

"That's kind of the reason I've been tutoring and doing odd jobs around town." You smiled.

Spamton nodded.

Sans lifted his head as he heard the bell on the door ring.

"Hey, kiddo. Who's this? Don't think I've seen you around before." Sans said.

"Spamton, nice to meet you." Spamton shook his hand.

"That's a good grip you got there. You a salesman?" Sans asked.

"You could say that." Spamton said.

"Hey, Spam, how about you pick something out from here? My treat." You said.

"I couldn't- really." He said.

"Oh c'mon! It's your first time here, make it special!" You said.

You were right, he had dreamed of seeing the Light World for so long.

"..Fine." He sighed.

He looked around for a while as you talked to Sans.

"So, he's the tester of your robotics suit, hm?" Sans said.

"Yup." You nodded.

Suddenly the shop got seemingly dark. Spamton didn't seem to notice, neither did anyone else in the shop. One of Sans's abilities, no doubt.

"I'll be real with you, [Name]. I know the truth. He isn't from this world, is he? That's why he's the tester of your NEO suit." Sans said.

"You got me." You chuckled.

"Something weird is going on. In the computer lab.. He wanted to come back with me, so of course, I let him. He keeps.. talking about a knight who brought me back to life. It worries me." You explained.

Sans nodded.

"I have an idea of who this knight may be. Ever heard of a W.D Gaster?" Sans asked.

"..The scientist who went missing?" You felt your stomach drop.

Sans nodded.

"Look, it's obvious that you care for Spam a lot, so just.. keep him safe, alright? If anything feels off, come find me asap." Sans said, as the room returned to normal.

You felt somebody give you a side-hug and smiled.

"Hey, Spamton." You said, "Find something?"

"Mm-hm!" He smiled, showing you.

It was a plastic rose, the type that never dies.

You smiled. "A lovely choice, Dear."

You paid for the flower and handed it back to him.

Walking out of the store, you hummed.

"Alright, that should be it! We can head back now."

"Hey, Spam." You said.

"Hm?" He turned to look at you.

"There's something I've noticed. Ever since we left the Dark World, your voice-quirk thingy has stopped." You said.

He paused before putting his hand over his mouth.

"You're right. Huh.. I didn't notice." He said.

He smiled at you in awe.

You kissed him on the cheek with a grin.

A few days had passed and you had gotten everything settled in your apartment. You hadn't seen Kris for a while, so you figured they were just busy with their adventures.

You sighed, lying on the couch, as Spamton was laying in your lap. Everything was perfect.

Then your phone went off.

You groaned. "Gimme a sec, I'll be right back." You said, giving Spamton a quick kiss.

"Alright, Dear." He said with a smile.

You picked up your phone.

"Hello?"

...

..

.

Just garbage noise.