Silver Light ~ Prologue

COVER MADE BY  @Magicstudy, please fan her, she is awesome!

____________________________________

"Stalcus, are we doing the right thing?" The she-wolf shudders at the thought of the pup in her mate's jaws, her ONLY pup, being left alone, her eyes open, yet unaware of the situation. She had recently learned to speak. But all that changed when the rogues came.

In an attempt to sedate his mates nerves, Stalcus nudges her jaw, setting the wriggling whelp on the ground gently. "She will be fine, my love... Marlin will take her to a place where she will be welcomed openly." Marlin, Stalcus' Beta, was the most trusted of all the Harlequin Pack's members, and therefore the most reputable when it came down to dealing with Ariella, the only child of Stalcus and his wife, Brittania.

____________________________________

Moments later, as Marlin lopes down a hill, his paws splashing in the water of a creek at the bottom, the pup whines and smacks her lips. "M-Mawlin" she manages to utter, "I'm hungwy..."

"I know, kid; just wait a bit and you'll be fed." Marlin walks over to a log and places Ariella inside. "Stay there, kid."

An hour later, Marlin comes back to the log, only to find that Ariella is gone. He panics and, hearing the crunch of paws on snow, twirls around to face the pup, with a squirrel in her mouth. "Where the hell were you? I was worried sick!" The moment he yells, he regrets it. Ariella whines, her way of apologizing to Marlin.

After eating they walk again, Ariella bouncing in Marlin's pawprints. They walk for a while before Marlin stops, sniffs the air, and howls. Before Ariella can ask what is going on, a wolf picks her up by the scruff of her neck and walks away, leaving Marlin behind.

____________________________________

Sorry for the shortness everyone\! More to come!