Mamoru

Mamoru: "Hey, Daddy?" His young daughter suddenly spoke as he walked her to school. "What's up, sweetheart?" Mamoru glanced down at her, he could see the spark in her eyes, like she had something planned. "After school, will you play with me?" She asked in a cheery, hopeful tone. "You know I'd love too, but..." He paused and met his daughters gaze. Her eyes were now filled with curiosity, she eagerly awaited to hear what the reason was. "Aye, don't look at me like that, it's bad enough when your mother gives me those eyes." Mamoru took the little girls hands in his, "Mummy isn't feeling well today. I'm afraid I'll have to look after her."
"Oh." She looked like she understand, but that didn't stop her head from dropping dejectedly. Mamoru was about to pat her cheek when suddenly her head sprang but up, a bright grin on her face. "I'll help you."

"Huh?"

"I'll help you take care of mummy. That shouldn't be a problem...right?" She asked, her voice brimming with energy. She practically had energy to burn, it was almost hard to believe she was his daughter.

"Heh. Alright then. After school, you can help me cook dinner." He smiled, it was times like this he felt so proud to be a father. Seeing his little daughter grow up will always be something he holds close to his heart.

"Yes!" I can't wait. Thank you, Daddy." She said jumping on the spot before throwing herself against him. "I love you, Daddy." Mamoru wrapped his arms around her, running a hand up and down her back, "I love you too..." He muttered, feeling overwhelmingly emotions inside of him at hearing his daughter say 'I love you.' Becoming a father really was the happiest time of his life.