Chapter 31

So it turned out that this was worse than Hinata, Kageyama, and Tsukishima in one room.

It was much, much, much worse.

Especially when the forest started filling up with purple smoke and blue fire kept burning the trees and everything looked like a nightmare in real life.

Let's go back to fifteen minutes ago.

--------------------
LOV POV

The notorious League of Villains stood on top of a mountain, looking over the large expanse of forest. They focused their sights on the small clearing which contained several... party members they wanted.

A frightened child with four fingers around his neck, a cut on his cheek, shivered.

"Come on, NPC," Shigaraki smiled, "Time for a little game, eh?"

--------------------
Midoriya POV

Midoriya hummed as he looked around. Everyone had slightly deviated from their original partners and went into their usual friend groups. He himself was standing next to his own friend group. Todoroki and Ochako were arguing about the temperature of soba noodles.

"No way! That'll be too cold!"

"Soba is best cold!"

"That's too cold, like I said! Maybe 60 degrees is good but not almost freezing temperatures!"

"Well, that temperature would ruin any soba, hot or cold."

"But stilllll."

"I do not see how."

"I give up."

"On what?"

"Persuading you - you know what, nevermind."

Midoriya wondered how he got into this conversation. He must've spaced out because a pink/purple fog slowly dawned upon them until his head spun.

"Guys, watch out! Out of the gas!"

They ran towards the building, some of them having to drag some people who were at the edge of the forest. Soon, several people from the other class came, all with classmates on them.

"Move!"

"Watch it!"

Kendo, with Monoma on her back, used her palm to fan away the smoke, but that just made it spread around her. Gritting her teeth, she continued running.

"Get back! We'll deal with thi-"

"Oh no, you won't." A scratchy voice appeared and Midoriya's body tensed. No, no way, it can't- how?

A group of three people came.

A misty purple portal man. Kurogiri.

A blue haired, in desperate need of lotion, and a bit unstable man. Shigaraki.

And one small frightened child, with a red hat with brassy colored horns.

"Kota!" Mandalay cried out as she reached out, yet was restrained by Pixie-Bob.

Shigaraki giggled a high pitched, almost distorted laugh. The hand around Kota's neck tightened, only a pinky stopping his death.

"I think that introductions need to be made. I am the leader of the LOV. I'm sure you know that. But all main characters have to explain something. Anyway, this child, I'm sure that he's important, huh? Because all lives are important to heroes! So important that people forget about everyone besides themselves, huh?!"

Kurogiri muttered a low "Shigaraki, we have business to attend to."

"Hmm? Oh yeah," Shigaraki cleared his throat, mostly for show. "I bet that you would like to fight for the life of this child, eh? What's the NPC's name?"

"I'm not telling the likes of you - "

"Oh well, that ain't important. I've got a better question," Shigaraki hummed for a moment, "I find it rather ironic that heroes are all about keeping others safe while solving all their goddamn problems with violence! How funny! It's almost laughable! Endeavor, number two hero, got up to the top with the highest death and injury count of any acknowledged hero! And don't get me started on All Might's property damage! Hahaha!"

The heroes tensed. They couldn't... wait, Mandalay! Of course, he should've known when she fell quiet for so long.

"So, let's be peaceful. Sounds nice right? A life for a life. I want Bakugou."

Surprisingly, Bakugou didn't rage. Did he realize how much was on this? Could he, if Bakugou had, enraged the villain? Cause a distraction? Bakugou was much smarter than he seemed. Surprisingly.

"So you want us to do that? Like giving away kids' lives are as easy as giving away property or belongings?" Tiger growled. "How despicable."

"Why not? It's a win-win, as far as I can see. It's not like you really cared about that anyway. It wouldn't look good if you admitted it to everyone here. Come on, you know you want the child more." Shigaraki giggled before frowning. "If you think you can escape, you're sorely mistaken, you small boss. This is only a side mission. The real one is going on... now."

A fire blazed through the entrance of the school. A scarred man raced out of the building, Eraserhead on his toes. On another side of the building, Vlad King escorted the teenagers out the building before looking around and cursing.

"Come on, join the party! Not my party, but the party nonetheless!"

A middle school uniformed girl who dropped down near Vlad King laughed. Vlad King immedately shielded the teenagers, who backed away.

"Big fan" was all she had to say before swiping at him, which he dodged.

"Toga! No! (Yeah!)" Another man came and grabbed her by the arm and pulled her to Shigaraki. A lizard man came as well.

"As you can see, I think it's obvious what you should do."

"We have no choice," Ragdoll muttered.

Momo seemed to frown slightly before patting the right side of Bakugou's pants, near the hip.

"Sorry, it was a bug," Momo apologized.

"Well?"

"Fine. But you must let everyone out!"

"Oh sure. We're only taking this one and another anyway."

Midoriya felt a hand on his shoulder before falling again. Was it his quirk, no it's too cold.

The last thing he saw were the terrified faces of his friends before he blacked out.