Chapter 20

"Alright, we got this!" 

Coach Ukai grinned at the team before him. There was going to be a small break, a few minutes long, for the players to get some water, figure out a strategy, whatever they needed to do for the second set. 

"Midoriya, next time, use more of your body, make sure to conserve as much energy for more explosion," Coach Ukai criticized. 

Midoriya nodded. "Hai." 

"Good. Hinata, you're doing much better, just work on that form. We still haven't gotten your eyes open yet, we need to do something before they take advantage of that." 

"Right," Hinata said. 

"They're already being a tough opponent, and it's only been the first set," Daichi grimanced. "From here on, they're going to get tougher the more we go up against them, especially since they won last time as well." 

"Great King's really good, he goes 'bwah' with the set so that Iwaizumi goes 'boom' with the spike and it goes super fast like 'whoosh' and the blockers are also really coordinated like 'zoom' and 'bam' - "

"Shortie, does the energy for growing go to your mouth instead?" Tsukishima yawned. "We don't want to take forever, ya know. Unlike that bathroom incident earlier today, we're in the middle of a match." 

"Shut up, Saltyshima!" Hinata stuck out his tongue. 

"Break it up, you two, break it up," Coach Ukai said. "If anything, we have to pay attention to Oikawa. We're going to have a lineup that pits him against Kageyama, with Daichi in the back so that we have a better chance with that serve of his. If we're not careful enough, Seijoh can run off with those serves and we won't be able to catch up." 

"Oikawa's serves are scary," Tanaka said with a nonchalant shrug, "but we're scarier." He grinned creepily, only for Sugawara to hit the back of his neck. 

"Stop it with the weird faces," Sugawara shook his head, "the other team'll think you're insane." 

"Insane at spiking?"

"Insane mentally, if you aren't already," Ennoshita clarified. 

"Hey!" 

--------------------
Oikawa POV

"The first set's been given away to them, if we're gonna win, we're going to have to win both of the next sets," Oikawa said, looking at his team. "We're going to have to put Mad Dog-chan in this one and make sure he stays in it for as long as possible." 

Mad Dog gave him a stink eye, but Oikawa chose to ignore it. "The quicks are what's making it difficult, not knowing which one is which is the main problem," Matsukawa raised his hand slightly. He was sitting on the bench, towel on his neck and he took a swig of his water bottle. 

"Not only that," Hanamaki began, "but there's two of the jumping beans. Funnily enough, they're both short." He smirked. 

"We already know that height isn't an issue, if anything, they're going to use that and catch us by surprise," Iwaizumi grumbled. "And they love using them as decoys. But those decoys also score points on their own." 

"Their ace is also strong, even if his personality isn't," Kindaichi commented. 

"I'm almost there at figuring them out. Trust me. Anyway, we're going to have Makki as a blocker instead of a wing spiker this match," Oikawa decided. "It's going to throw them off for a few minutes and we'll have you three" he pointed at Kindaichi, Matsukawa, and Hanamaki "split up, with Kindaichi and Makki working together. Mattsun, you're tall, big, and your position is only middle blocker, not wing spiker as well, and you got experience."