Small Talks

"I want you to be in a video with me!" Y/n grinned as she placed her index finger close to his chest while slightly leaning in closer to his face to show her sly and toothy grin.

"What?... What?!" Steven didn't process.

-◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆-

A laugh echoes. "I'm joking!" She raises both her hands defensively. "That's too much of a tedious task to uphold." Her snickering paused by holding it back, squinting her eyes and cheeks puffed out.

Though he wanted to pout longer, a sudden urge arises. The boy reaches in with both hands and squishes her cheeks, forcing the air out of her face like a deflating balloon. Keeping his hands on the female's cheek for a second and watching everyone else laugh at the act, he lifts a light fist and flicks the girl's head lightly.

Tossing her back in exaggeration, she looks across to the teenage boy who took a step back while rubbing the faint sting on her forehead. "What was that for?" A smile remains.

"That's for being a tease," He huffed, "I was about to panic about going in front of a camera and complain about how awkward I'll be." Steven knocked his head over to his shoulder.

Out of nowhere, Garnet snorts; gaining the attention of the others, she speaks up. "I remember the days where Steven would do a review video of his cheeseburger backpack." She turns her head away while she covers her mouth with a magenta hand. Just as she spoke, Connie's eyes light up, and had gained memory of that situation before. "You're right! He showed me every one of them and they were adorable!" Her voice grew bubbly.

Turning away from the two — three? — companions, Y/n's eyes lie on the boy who blushed furiously in embarrassment; watching him guide his hands to furiously rub the red out of his face, but failing to do so. As it looked like he got tired from standing, he sat on the top step of the platform and slouched to where he could support his face-covering arms.

"Ouch," She spoke up and sat with him. "Nothing like the regular dose of a parent boasting about your childhood in front of you huh?" Her smile was awkward, and brows furrowed, but a slight chuckle found its way out of her mouth.

He sighs and raises his posture far back, "Nothing like it." He sends his little chortle and eye roll. Looking ahead, a shadow casts above the two and finds Connie settling down to the step just below the ones Y/n and Steven sat on.

"It's karma for spoiling Gray Widow for me." the chocolate-skinned girl leaned her head far far back to where she could make upside-down eye contact with the rest; Garnet included, who somehow found her way standing still as a statue behind them. "Say, are you still going to work along with the Crystal Gems? They'll need it a lot, and I don't think it's just Garnet who needs it." The circles in her eyes quickly flash towards the only male of the group but look back to the other unnoticed.

Before the half-blood could retort, Y/n speaks up with an expression that glowed. "Even if I'm not employed I would help as much as I can. Like— have you seen this place? It's so full of things here that I can do! I planned to take a small hiatus on Wootubing, so this is the best escape!" She said with a baffled expression and jumps up to her feet, arms spread as if the whole world was in her hands. The blue sky reflected every single curve of her body, and the clouds wouldn't dare shed a single shadow on the girl. It looked as if freedom followed her by just the light wisp of air that ran through her h/c hair.

Out of nowhere, the boy stopped himself midway, mouth agape and body slightly leaned in with tense. He relaxed at the sight, it was nice to see such a look of a child, even if she's only younger by a few months behind him. Closing his jaw and leaning back out to a sitting posture, he clears his throat.