"Bits"

"Oooh so its called, Beach Citywalk Fries!" Y/n walked around to the driver's side of the car to where she could get a better view of the sign.

She tilted her head to the side wrapping a finger around her lips and squinted as she fell into thought. "Simple name! I like it!" Y/n turns around to face Steven shutting the door and stuffing his wallet along with his phone.

Chuckling as he urged her to walk along side him, he looked over the place. "I never really thought about how simple it was. I just liked the food." He shrugged as he wore his rosy jacket for the first time today.

"Well what's wrong with liking simple things." Y/n eyed him, face glowing and cheery before turning into disgust and disbelief. "You monster! It's 97 degrees out, remove that jacket at once!" She gasped, covering her mouth to show the over exaggeration.

Taking no offensive to her joking command, he protectively turns his upper body away from her and hugs himself with a look of disbelief of his own. "I kid you not! I protect my fashion even on the hottest of times!" Steven added on to the joke by dignifying his language.

"How gruesome" She emphasized the last word.

The two stopped in their tracks on the middle of the sidewalk, facing each other into a light hearted stare down before breaking into a fit of laughter. Nothing was funny of any sorts, but the small act and the sudden stare down for no reason just seemed to tickle something within them and messed up their humor in the process.

Shaking their heads, disappointed in themselves somewhat, they stood a few feet away from the counter looking up to the menu just so the lady could decide.

"Ooh~ my indecisive self is tingling and tearing itself down at the moment." She spoke jokingly as she looked over every option on the menu.

Chuckling as he read along, he nodded. "7 to 14 year old me always wanted to try something new but always ended up picking the same thing." He laughed at the memory.

"Well let's make it nostalgic for you and pick that then!" She gives him a small glance as she took the lead to the counter.

"Seriously? You don't even know what it is!" He races after her.

"Then you say it. I know I'm indecisive, but I'm not nit picky." Y/n rolls her eyes.

"Alright ma'am." Steven lets out a sigh but didn't have any sense of exhaustion in them.

"Ah hey Steven!" A guy with funny looking fry hair walked over to the counter.

"Sup Steven!" A teenager behind him walked past the window with a heavy looking box in hand.

"Hi Mr. Fryman!" Steven waved. Fryman... how ironic. Y/n thought as she waved along. "Hey Peedee!" Steven leans into the counter, head practically poking in as he waved hello to his friend.

Standing properly behind the counter where he belonged, he changed the topic to the order. "Can we get- wait do you want to share just in case you don't like it or two?" He cuts himself off as he turned to the one beside him.

"Eh- share, why not." she simply answered. "Maybe I will be nit picky. Just make sure there's an extra container so we can split."

"Alrighty- bits for one then please!" Steven stuck out his index finger with a bright grin.

The two inside the building widened their eyes and didn't realize their dropped jaws, Peedee in the back dropping the box as well.

Though the two customers didn't realize as Y/n looked over to her newfound friend. "Bits?" She questioned.