Chapter 48

Equestria. One week after Luna's banishment.
Nightmare moon lies beaten and bruised on the surface of the moon. Her dented armour is still on her, and her midnight blue hair lay tangled on the floor beside her. Suddenly, a faint whisper is heard. Luuuuunnnaaaa... She looks up, wincing as she feels a pain in her leg. She stands to her hooves, limping as she slowly turns in a circle. She looks around, breathing heavily from the effort of standing. Her eyes dart left and right. "Who's there?! I am Nightmare Moon! I demand that you face me!" Only silence answers from the darkness. "Who are you?! Answer me!" She pants angrily, eyes glowing with starlight. Her strength is slowly returning, and her dark main begins to flow once again, darkening the starlight around her. Fuelled by her anger, she stomps her hoof. "I demand that you answer me!" Luuuuuunnnnaaaaa... loooooook in the daaaarrrrknessss...loooooooook clooooooooosely...squinting into the void of space, she can just make out two shadowy shapes. "Who are you?!" She demands. The two figures step closer. Two shadows shaped like alicorns come to stand beside her. "You don't remember us?" The first one says. "Maybe this can help jog your memory?" The second one says. "Augh!" Suddenly, all Nightmare Moon can see is darkness, and a memory appears in front of her. She and Celestia are both controlling the elements of harmony, and both Sol and Imperatrix are banished and Imprisoned among the stars. "Now do you remember us?" They hiss. Nightmare Moon gasps. "You-you're Sol Invictus...and Imperatrix Arcana! Celestia and I imprisoned you with the elements of harmony!" "That's right Luna. How ironic that you should be imprisoned here on the moon in the same way." Sol says, smiling evilly. "Those elements are such a bother." Imperatrix sighs. "We have a...proposition for you." Sol explains. "You have the power to aid us in our escape. Use your nightmare powers. Aid us in our escape. And in a thousand years time, we will return the favour." Nightmare moon looks at them suspiciously. "I can escape on my own. I have no need for your help. And I have no reason to help you." "Think about it Luna," Imperatrix suggests. "What do you think you will do after your thousand years are up. What do you intend to do? Fly back to Equestria?" she scoffs. "You will need our help, and we need yours." Nightmare Moon considers her options. "But how do I know you will uphold your end of the bargain?" Sol and Imperatrix think for a moment. "We will have no choice." Imperatrix quickly casts a spell. "There. Now we are obliged to uphold our end of the bargain. Should we not, we will be destroyed." "Alright." Nightmare Moon agrees. There is a bright flash of light, and two stars disappear. "We'll be back...Luna." The shadows disappear, and Nightmare Moon is alone once again. Sighing, she lies back down, lifting up her head and using her magic to remove her helmet. Slowly, one thing at a time, she removes all of her armour. She puts her head down onto her hooves. "What have I done?"

Back at the League meeting

Luna: So, I freed Sol and Imperatrix, and they kept their end of the bargain. Just as the prophesy said, after the thousand years, the stars aided me in my escape, and darkness would have been free to reign over Equestria had Twilight and her friends not stopped me. (She smiles weakly at Twilight and Rainbow)
(Everyone stands in stunned silence.)

Yay! Finally a chapter with real writing in it! Lol!

~YJistotallyawesome~