[05] NOT A Date

C H A P T E R  F I V E !NOT a date

C H A P T E R F I V E !
NOT a date

Mercy had been avoiding Scott and Stiles ever since she realized that Scott was a werewolf. She didn't quite know why, considering she was part wolf herself, but it just made her uneasy. One animal in school is a coincidence, but two? That's trouble.

She and Allison are currently walking between the two junctions that connect the main hallway when Allison smacks right into someone, dropping her books.

Mercy looks up in annoyance, only to be met with Scott and Stiles. "Seriously." she muttered under her breath, rolling her eyes.

Allison sighs in exasperation at her perceived clumsiness and laughs when she sees that it's Scott. "You scared the hell out of me!"

Scott can't help but sigh and smile in relief at the sight of Allison standing there, alive and well. "You're okay!"

He kneels at the same time as Allison, who assumes he's talking about the collision they just had, and helps her pick up her books and notepads as she nods and huffs another small laugh. "Once my heart starts beating again, yeah."

Scott smiles, before looking up at Mercy. "Hey." he greets, his grin widening. "Hi. I've got to go." Mercy says, speeding away quickly.

"Mercy, wait up!" Stiles called, chasing after the girl. "Why didn't you respond to any of my texts?"

Mercy pulls her phone from her jacket pocket, opening the messages application and shaking her head.

Stilinski: 13 new messages

She finally looks up and sees the look of relief on Stiles expression and makes a face. "What's up?" she asks, as she continues to walk.

"Can't I just be happy to see you?" he asks, running in front of her so that she is forced to stop walking.

Just then, the sound of Principal Thomas' voice is heard over the PA system, and Allison, Scott, Stiles, Mercy, and the other students pause to listen.

"Attention students," Thomas starts over the PA system. "This is your principal. I know you're all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses..."

Mercy furrows a brow, while Allison and Scott stand back up, as Scott hands Allison the last book from the floor while the announcement continues.

"While the police work to determine what happened, classes will proceed as usual."

The students in the hallway groan in unison out of disappointment that classes haven't been canceled. Allison, seemingly ignorant of what the principal is even talking about, simply smiles shyly at Scott before ruffling his hair affectionately with her right hand. "Save me a seat at lunch?"