Orphaned

"We need to!" Lydia argued, as she followed Diana down the stairs of her house after having argued with her best friend for the past twenty minutes about what they needed to do next for the third cypher key. "Dia! You know we do!"

"No, we don't." Diana argued again, making her way toward the entrance of the house where, usually, her car keys were, in the key basket by the door.

"We need to talk to the sheriff, Dia." Lydia said.

"And we will."

"Yeah? And how are we gonna do that?" Lydia asked. "Just burst into the sheriff station and ask to talk to him?"

"Yes?" Diana mumbled, unsure.

"There's a chance they won't even let us past the front door." Lydia said.

"Sheriff Stilinski will receive us." Diana argued.

"What if he's busy?" Lydia asked, as Diana opened her mouth to argue, but sighed. "We need Stiles."

"Fine..." She practically groaned, throwing her car keys back into the basket. "Then you call him."

"No." Lydia shook her head. "You call him."

"I'm not gonna call him."

"Why not?"

"Because I can't remember the last proper conversation I had with him and I don't want my first one to be hey, Stiles, do you think you could skip a few classes today to take me and Lydia to the station so we can try and convince your dad to let us talk to Meredith again, at Eichen House? Also, sorry we haven't really talked since I came back but I just didn't really know how to approach you anymore." She glared at her best friend, who sighed. "Not gonna happen. So you call him."

"Fine." Lydia groaned, pulling out her phone from her pocket as she dialed Stiles' number. "But just so you know, you two are gonna have to work out everything between you eventually."

"Yeah, eventually." Diana mumbled. "Not now."

Of course, as soon as Lydia told Stiles what she and Diana wanted to do, the boy was on board and it took him less than twenty minutes to park his jeep outside the Hills' house. The two girls walked outside then, the two of them climbing into the jeep with Lydia feeling a little weird as she sat in between the both of them, considering every time she had been in the jeep with them, Diana always made a point of sitting beside Stiles. The ride to the station was silent and so uncomfortable, but, thankfully, it was short. As soon as Stiles parked the jeep outside his dad's work, they climbed out, the three of them passing through the front desk with no problem since Stiles Stilinski himself was with them.

"I don't think my dad is around." Stiles said, after taking a peek at the empty office his dad was usually found in. "He's always in his office at this time, so if he's not, he's probably out."

"So what now?" Lydia asked, as Stiles stopped for a moment before smirking a little when his eyes fell on one particular deputy sitting in his desk.

"Parrish." He called with a smile, walking over to the man who just sighed and stood up. "Wait, Parrish!"

"Your dad should be back within the hour." Parrish said, walking away from the three kids as he tried to do his job, but having them following him anyway. "You want to wait in his office?"

"Actually, we wanted to talk to you..." Stiles said, causing Parrish to stop for a second and turn around to look at them.

"Privately." Lydia added, causing the deputy to squint his eyes at them a little, before sighing.

"Fine." He said, once he realized they weren't messing with him. "Come on."

Parrish walked toward sheriff Stilinski's office, pulling the door open and letting the kids walk in before stepping inside himself and closing the door after him. Moving to stand by the sheriff's desk, Parrish waited for any of the three kids to start talking, but, before they could, Diana reached inside her purse and pulled out a folded piece of paper, handing it over to Parrish.