Drew's First Avenger Mission

As usual, Drew gets woken up at 6:45 by Pepper. Today Drew has an extra pep in her step since she's getting picked up early from school for her mission. She gets ready quickly and talks to Nat and Yelena about the mission.

Since Drew's whole school knows who she is, it doesn't matter who drops her off and picks her up. The only people who haven't dropped her off or picked her up are Thor, Vision, Tony, Bruce, and Maria. Everyone else has. Maria hasn't because of work. Otherwise, she would have a long time ago. As for everyone else, Thor hasn't been on Earth in a month, Tony and Bruce hardly ever leave their lab, and Vision is always busy doing who knows what.

Today, Wanda gets to drop Drew off, and Nat and Yelena will pick her up. Drew says goodbye to everyone and leaves with Wanda. The plan is for Drew to be picked up early at 1:30 and come back to the compound to say goodbye properly, and grab her bag and her suit, and take off.

The drive to school is quiet. They're a little less than halfway to school when Wanda says, "You okay?" "Yeah. I'm just thinking," says Drew. "Thinking about what?" asks Wanda. "Thinking about the mission. Particularly not repeating last time. Last time, my cover was blown by some government official, and I had to kill two guys for another chance at getting the intel," says Drew. Wanda makes a mental note to tell Nat that Drew told her what happened and that it doesn't have to be a secret that they know. "Drew. Your cover won't be blown this time. Trust me. You're going with Nat and Yelena. Nothing goes wrong when they're on a mission," says Wanda. "Okay. Thanks for telling me. That helps my nerves a lot," says Drew. "Anytime. I'm glad I helped," says Wanda. "You always do," says Drew.

They pull up to the school, and Drew says goodbye to Wanda before running to her classroom to greet Addy and Shawn. She arrives, and Addy runs up to her and hugs her. Drew greets Shawn next. The day blows by, and Drew can't believe that it's 1:00. Everyone just walked back into the classroom from lunch and recess. Mrs. Thompson tells them to pull out their books for silent reading. Drew makes sure that all of her stuff is together without making it look suspicious. While Drew reads, she runs through her mission in her mind. The classroom is pin-drop silent for a while until the classroom phone rings. Drew knows it's because she's getting picked up, but she doesn't make any move to put her book away. Mrs. Thompson answers the phone. "Hello?" says Mrs. Thompson. Drew can't hear the other side of the conversation. "Oh, okay! Yeah. I'll send her right now. Thank you. Bye," says Mrs. Thompson. "Drew, get your things. You're getting picked up," says Mrs. Thompson. Drew nods and smiles. "Where are you going?" whispers Addy. "That's for me to know and you to never find out," says Drew, hinting at the fact that it's Avengers business. "Cool! Will you be here tomorrow?" asks Shawn. "No. I'll be back on Monday," says Drew. Then she grabs her stuff and waves goodbye to Addy, Shawn, and Mrs. Thompson. She walks out of her classroom, and out of pure excitement, Drew super soldier speed runs to the front office.

She sees Nat and Yelena standing there, and she hugs them both before running to the car. They get in, and Yelena says, "Adrenaline?" "Ya think?" says Drew. Then she adds, "Sorry for the sassy answer. I spend too much time with adults at home." "No worries. I know you spend too much time with me, Yelena, Carol, Maria, Hope, Sam, Bucky, and Tony," says Nat.

The car ride feels like an eternity for Drew. They arrive at the compound, and she grabs her backpack, and super soldier speed runs inside. Nat and Yelena look at each other and share a laugh. They haven't seen Drew this excited since her birthday. Nat and Yelena follow Drew inside.

The moment Drew gets inside, she drops her backpack and flings herself on Hope. "You okay?" asks Hope. By the time Nat and Yelena have gotten inside, Drew has stopped hugging Hope. "What? I can't hug you after a long day at school and before my big mission?" says Drew sarcastically. "You can always hug me, silly. I'm just shocked you ran up to me first," says Hope. "I alternate," says Drew. Drew hugs everyone else before dashing to the elevator and going up to her room to throw some clothes in a bag. She's flying in her regular clothes and then changing into other clothes if needed. Drew packs the same types of clothes she packed last time. She puts a book and her phone, and AirPods chargers in her bag and zips it up.

She runs downstairs with her bag and drops it on the floor by the door. "Maybe I should start calling you bumblebee, considering the way you're buzzing around right now," says Rhodey. "Maybe you should," says Drew. Then she says goodbye to everyone and hugs them tightly.

Then Nat, Yelena, and Drew grab their bags and head to the Quinjet. They arrive after a very long flight and they plunge into mission mode the moment they exit the jet.

For the most part, this mission is identical to the one Drew went on last time. She's just relieved that her cover won't be blown causing her to kill two innocent people. The mission is a success and they fly back to the compound on Sunday. Drew will be back at school tomorrow just like she said she would be.

Drew talks with extra excitement as she relives the mission to her parents. Pepper is mortified that Drew is finding joy in the journey of the mission. To her, missions aren't joy, they're business, even though she sits in the Quinjet on comms the whole time, she still hates going.

Drew couldn't be happier as she talks and laughs with her family. Her family. That's one heck of an adjustment for her. The Avengers are her family.