Chapter 3

Chapter 3

All Rights Reserved

"Miss Ali?"

"Yes?"

"Well um.. your best friend is gone. I am truly sorry." Tears started to pour down my cheeks

"Really? She was so innocent. I loved her." I say as I walk over to Harry where he waits with open arms.

"I am truly sorry. Please go in and say ur good byes."

"Harry, I dont think I can do this."

"Yes you can. She is your best friend and I will be there with you." He says and kisses my temple

"I guess so."

I start to walk to the door but I slow down I dont think I can do this. Not now anyways. I havent let go and I dont think I can. She was my bestfriend and never ever did I think she was going to die. She helped me through my toughest times through everything. When I wanted to give up her love her heart was holding on I can't let her go now. I look up at Harry he just gives me a weak smile. I return the favor. I don't know what to do now. She helped me. She held me. She was my light in the dark. I can't just get over her in three seconds. I can do this.

"I am ready."

"You sure love."

"I'm sure... I think."

"Ok lets go in."

I open the door to the hospital room. There she lies dead. I take one look at her and turn to Harry and just start to hug him. I don't wanna let go. I didn't think I would say this but I needed him right now. He pulls me closer to him and we just stand there. My eyes are done with the crying but I can't stop. He gently rubs circles in my back. It just it doesn't help. After a few minutes Abigael showed up. She ran over to the bed where Alice lies. Her eyes instantly fill with tears. I tap Harry to let me go and he does. I run to the other side of the bed. We started to cry even harder. I took her hand and Abigael did the same. Then I began the speech I had planned.

"Alice you were here when I tried to kill myself. You were here when I needed you. Whenever something went wrong you helped. When I cried you knew. You are the only person who cares enough to do something about me. You cared so much that you didn't care if I gave you a hard time.... you stayed. I will truly miss you. I can't let go and I won't. Everyday's the same I hide I try to find a way to get out of the mess I made out of this life I am living. Just please I need you know my heart is hurting. I know this wasn't supposed to happen it just did. I don't wanna say goodbye now. I might not of thanked you then but I will right now I am so sorry Alice. I thank you so much for everything. I don't want you to go but if it's supposed to happen like this I have to let it. I just feel like I let them hit you. I didn't mean to make you die. If you were alive right now I know you would've hated me......... I am so sorry..... I tried my hardest. I did all I could. I guess my hardest wasn't good enough. I have two songs for you Alice ok? I am going to sing it right now." I said that with so many tears. I feel like I am drowning How am I supposed to live without you? I don't know but I need you now.

I start the first note after I was done drying my eyes and it goes like this.

Seven years old, you heard me cry

I don't wanna say goodbye

To the only man that I love

My daddy and everything he was

I don't think I can live without you

Dad, I know you're breaking in two

With tears running down his face