Chapter Three - Master Mostar

Still old, unedited stuff. Sorry if it's awful :(

__________________________________________

“Hello, Molly, please come in!” a voice said from below me. When I looked down, I saw a small girl in a pink kimono. She had black hair pulled back in small pigtails and looked about five years old. “My name is Suki. Please come in and meet Master!”

Suki grabbed my hand and towed me into the office, where an old man with a long snow white beard sat on a pillow, he was bent over writing on a long scroll with a paintbrush. How old was this guy? 

The geezer put the paintbrush in an inkwell and turned to face me, furrowing his brow and straining his eyes as though he was going blind. I stared back him, trying to keep a straight face, but his eyes felt like they were poking around inside her. He eventually motioned to the pillow across from him, so I knelt down on it.

“You are Molly, yes?” He said with a gruffy voice.

I nodded, “Yes, I am Molly.”

He cocked his head to the side slightly, “Molly Smith?”

“N-no, I’m Molly Thompson.” I stuttered, shocked by not being the right one, maybe I wasn’t who everybody thought I was. Was my memory going to be erased now? What was going to happen to me now?

But his reaction wasn’t what I thought it would be, he was laughing, “I know, I just love watching how everybody reacts to that. I am Master Mostar, by the way. Thanks for coming to see me, little one, it’s time for you to pick your familiar.” 

“Uh…Master, what is a familiar?”

Mostar chuckled, his eyes gleaming, “What kind of a witch does not know what a familiar is?”

“Uh… This kind of witch!” I laughed sarcastically and pointed at myself, sweat forming on my forehead.

Suki sat there giggling on the floor along with us, her cute guffaw had turned my attention over to her, but she wasn’t the same as the last time I had seen her. She now was a pink toad; her hoots were now strange ribbits. 

I jumped off of the pillow and bumped into a bookcase, but fortunately nothing fell, “What the heck happened to that girl?!” I shrieked at the man.

“She’s my familiar.” He bluntly replied.

“Again, what is a familiar?!” 

Mostar cocked his head over again, “You really want to know?”

“Yes, that would be very helpful of you, because I am so confused!” I stood, still pressed up against the bookcase as the pink toad hopped over and jumped in front of her feet. 

“Fine, you’re just no fun,” He stated, shaking his head as he got to his feet, “A familiar is a creature companion that is a helper when casting spells and stuff…”

I stared at him for a few minutes after he had trailed off, only to hear him make melodious snores. 

The pink toad beside me stared at him for awhile, but then quietly said, “Maybe you should come back later, Molly. Master hasn’t been sleeping on an ordinary schedule lately, so sometimes he falls asleep like this. Best not to wake master.”

Slowly, I walked past her, keeping my eyes on her until I reached the door and opened it, bowing before I had hurried out. I ran down the hallway, trying to retrace my steps back to the dorm room. Luckily there was nobody in the hallways. At least that was what I thought.

I bumped into a boy with blond hair and fell over on the cold tiles. The same boy that I had seen at lunch. He stared down at me for awhile, offering his hand to help me get up, but once I took his hand, he pulled me up against him and forced his mouth against mine.