Chapter 40

Y/N P.O.V

Ban jumped down from atop the creature. "Why do you look so perved Captain? We're gonna save your brother," Ban sighed. "This fight has nothing to fo with you guys! Leave here now!" Meliodas shouted.

He sounded harsh, but at the same time, he sounded grateful and only wanted them to stay safe.

"Hey, Meliodas. Did you return from Purgatory to just die with the Princess?" Meliodas didn't speak and only gazed at the ground. "That's what I thought. You came back to live your life with her," Ban explained.

"Friends have eachothers backs, don't they?" Diane smiled. "You can rely on us!" She exclaimed happily. "If you're looking for a happy ending, wouldn't joining forces be the most efficient way," King smiled.

Meliodas struggled for words before a small smile slithered onto his face. "Thanks guys," he muttered.

"N/N?! Why are you crying!?" Ban cried out. I gasped lightly and wiped away my tears, pulling out a bright smile. "I'm not crying!" I exclaimed.

Ban sighed, walking over to hit me on the head. "Ow! Ban! What was that for?!" I yelled, holding the top of my head in pain. "We're going to get Zeldris back. So don't cry," he ruffled my H/C hair, his usual greeting to me.

I looked up at Ban with glossy eyes. "Ban...." I mumbled. I smiled and nodded. "Yeah!"

Our tender moment was interrupted when the Demon King rose into the air.

"I am death. I am darkness....I. Am. God!" The Demon King proclaimed. I glared up at the Demon King. Merlin acted fast and gave orders.

"Gowther! While we distract the Demon King, take the Captain and Y/N into the mental world to seperate him and Zeldris from the inside!" Merlin explained to all of us her plan.

The Demon King wasted no time before he had begun attacking. Ban smirked as he watched the Demon King take immediate action.

"It really seems like someone doesn't want their mind entered~" Ban teased. King initiated Pollen Garden before the Demon King's sword could reach us once more.

"Now! I'll use this to hold him off! Gowther-"

"No! He's breaking through!" I exclaimed, running forward and clashed swords with him when Pollen Garden shattered.

"It seems he won't let us buy time for you," King groaned. "He's too powerful for us to fight and protect the three of them at the same time," Merlin bit her lip out of anxiety.

Suddenly, a new weapon had seperated me from the Demon Kings clash.

"Oh dear heroes who craved seven scars into their hearts, listen: You are fearless and you don't despair. You posses courage, dignity, and companionship. Twisted by fate, I've given up on my life once. But, I now have gratitude towards my fate, with all my heart. Because I can breath my very last breath for my dearest friends,"

"Escanor!" I breathed out in relief. "What is this? Where did he come from?" The Demon King glared down at Escanor.

"The fate of this world lies on your shoulders, Seven Deadly Sins," Mael had descended to where the battle took place. I looked behind us, my eye brows raised. "You're here too, Mael?" I muttered.