24: Friends

(A FEW DAYS LATER)

"So, what do you say? My treat."

Me, Dan, Jiho and Duke were at the store when Duke proposed that we hang out this weekend and celebrate his promotion to Class A at the agency.

Actually, it was Dan who proposed the idea, Duke agreed.

Now I'm not really the kind of person who 'enjoys' a celebration outside with people, but this'll different, I'm gonna be hanging out with my little friend group.

Duke is one of the most optimistic people I've ever come to meet.
Even amidst everything that's bothering him, he never stops trying and works so damn hard. It's very inspiring.

It's only right we celebrate his victories.

"I'll go. Jiho?"

"I'll go too." He said.

"Where are we gonna be going?"

"What about the karaoke?"

"Ohh I've never been to one before, but I've always wanted to go. Let's try that."

"And later, if we have time, we can go to see a movie too."

"Huh? Movie get's the priority you!

We'll go watch a movie, and if we have time, will drop by the karaoke."

"Okay then, it's settled. Let's meet up here during the evening at around... 6?"

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Okay."

I'm really looking forward to this.

________________________________

(THE NEXT DAY, AT SCHOOL)

When I came back to the class after lunch, I saw that Jiho was still lying down on the desk.

I ate kinda quickly today, and it doesn't seem like he's had anything yet.

"Did you have lunch?" I walked to his desk and asked.

"No, I'm not hungry." He said, raising his head to look at me.

But the low growl I heard from his stomach said otherwise.

"I am not hungry enough for lunch..." He corrected himself, keeping his head down, slightly flustered.

"Would you like to get anything light to eat then, snacks or something else?"

"I don't know, maybe?"

"You know, I heard that they released a new garlic chicken flavour chicken. Maybe we could try that."
I hope I'm not being too insistent😳.

"...okay, let's go." He stood up and grabbed his bag and so I.

"Kyra, may I ask something?"
"Yeah?"

There was a moment of silence.

"Are you ashamed to walk around with me?" He said in a low voice.

"No, why?
You're my friend, our friend. I feel no reason to be ashamed or embarrassed of that."

"Sorry if I ever made you feel that way, did I?" I added. I didn't get why he would ask that.