Chpater 19

hi guys sry it took so long 2 update i had 2 revive my dad and now i have science homework anyways here is the new chapter!!!!!!!!!!

The first thing Bill remembered was the smell of chocolate. Sweet, slightly bitter, hot chocolate, perhaps with a float of marshmallows and cream. He felt bedsheets. Cotton, by their touch. Then he heard the sobbing. Someone was wiping their nose with their sleeve. Bill meekly opened his eyes.

"Pine Tree?"

Dipper looked up and gasped. His cheeks were stained with tears and his entire body was trembling. His hair was unkempt and he had large eye bags that looked red and puffy. "Bill!" Dipper cried and threw himself on Bill.

"Ouch!" Bill exclaimed. Dipper wrapped his arms around him and squeezed tightly. Bill tried not to faint again.

"Bill! How could you do that to me? I was so worried, I was going to—I—I was—" He buried his face into Bill's shirt and heaved.

"Uh, yeah, thanks..." Bill pulled Dipper's sleeve off of him. Dipper rubbed at his face and sat up along the edge of the bed. Bill could still feel his heavy, broken breaths.

"Are you feeling alright? How are you? Did you get hurt? Are you sick!" Dipper fretted.

"Woah, slow down!" said Bill, sitting up. He noticed Dipper's trembling lips and offered a slight smile. "What? Worried about the all powerful Bill Cipher? Hah, forget it! No attack can stop me!" He suddenly had an urge to throw up in his cheeks and laid back down. "Ugh, but I think I got food poisoning."

Dipper didn't look any more relieved. "Do you still remember what happened?"

Bill thought for a moment, staring at the spruce attic ceiling. Dipper was quiet. He slung one arm across his forehead, then groaned. "No, I don't remember much. I think Tad was shooting us or something... He tried hitting you, but I got there just in time. I totally saved your life."

"Stupid Bill, worry about yourself," muttered Dipper. He took a mug of hot chocolate off the nearby dresser and it out to him. It was still steaming. Bill stared at it, then sat up and took a sip. It was sweet. It warmed his throat as it went down.

"So what did happen afterwards?" asked Bill.

Dipper took in a breath then said, "Tad ran away after we defeated him. He must've ran out of ammo or something. I tried to get you to somewhere safe, but uh... well, you were kinda heavy." Bill rolled his eye. "That's when I ran into Soos, Melody, Mabel, and Will. Apparently they went looking for us after Tad's 'catastrophe' took over the Falls. I told them about our plan and how we stopped Tad. They helped get you back to the Shack, and that's how we ended up here." Then, Dipper averted his eyes. "You were out for six hours. Mabel and the others are going to be so glad to hear you're awake."

"And I'm glad to be next to my Pine Tree," Bill snuggled next to him. Dipper's cheeks turned pink.

"Hey! Don't spill that on me!" he said. Bill only giggled.

"So where are they now?" he wondered.

"You mean the others? They're downstairs," said Dipper. "But you should rest a bit first. You could talk to them in the morning."

"No way am I going to sleep all night," said Bill. He finished the hot chocolate in one gulp and leapt off the bed. He grinned. "So are you coming or not, Pine Tree?"

Dipper frowned, then his expression softened. "Only if you're up to it." Bill offered his hand and Dipper took it. Together, they made their way to the kitchen, where Soos, Melody, and Mabel were showing Will how to use a microwave. There were half-filled hot chocolate mugs on the counter. Outside the window was dark. Mabel's eyes widened when she saw them.