12

The wedding ended with a teary goodbye as Kimaya continued sobbing lightly as the car moved out of the venue. Her father-in-law was sitting in the passenger seat while Shantanu was driving. Randhir was sitting beside her typing something on his phone.

She looked out of the window looking around at the so-known surroundings. She literally grew up here. How she is expected to forget everything and just go?

Why do her parents have to find someone living at such a distance? She had spent her whole life in Delhi and now she has to leave for Chandigarh. It is so bad according to her.

The car stopped after some time as her father-in-law got down. She was looking down at her hands in her lap when he sat back in his place passing a water bottle to Randhir who gave it to her. She looked at the bottle than him. But took it as he had already opened it and took few sips passing it back to him. She was really tired with the wedding and the slow music playing in the car was acting like a lullaby for her as she fell asleep putting her head on the window.

It will take nearly 4 and a half hours to reach Chandigarh.

"Randhir, she is uncomfortable sleeping like that", His father told him as Randhir stared at her head placed on the hard window.

He sighed gently putting her head on his shoulder. She scrunched her nose before holding his elbow getting comfortable on his shoulder.

"Papa I would get tired driving for so long", Shantanu spoke after driving for 2 hours.

"I'll drive. Get down", Adhiraaj spoke as Shantanu stopped the car in a corner changing their position. He sat back on the passenger's seat as his father took his place.

"Bhai also fell asleep", He whispered looking back. His head was on the headrest as her head was resting on his shoulder. He was holding her hand which was placed on his elbow.

"The Bride-Groom gets the most tired in a wedding", His father spoke as they continued driving. All the cars of the family were moving in a line for safety. Though guards were there accidents happen at night.

"They look so cute together", Shantanu whispered clicking a picture of them sleeping. They both looked very uncomfortable with the garland. To top it all their heavy clothes were not helping as well.

"You sleep now and let me focus", His father spoke as Shantanu nodded taking a nap himself.

-----------------------------

The following day went by while completing all the further rituals and the morning of the next day as well was going to be busy.

He didn't come to his room last night. He was too busy with his office work.

And now added to this Kimaya was told by her mother-in-law to wear a saree in the initial days of her wedding which was a big task for her. She was never one to like sarees simply because they were hard to handle.

She sighed wearing the heavy orange saree. She never liked anything this grand in her whole life.

She was asked to come out at sharp at 6:30 because everybody takes their breakfast at 7:30. She wanted to scream in irritation. She was the same Kimaya who would wake up at 10 and have the food prepared by her mother according to her wish and now she had to prepare that food for everybody.

She walked out of her room seeing the time. It was already 6:35 and she knows she was in trouble. Everybody was so punctual here. She walked or more like ran downstairs to find her mother-in-law standing there with Randhir's badi chachi Stuti and Choti Chachi Reema already present there talking about god knows what.