1

-We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

-----------------------------------

Her smile, her eyes were always shining in front of the world hiding her pain from everybody's eyes.

And now that she was 22 and having a good job, there was nothing she could be sad about except two, love and peace.

From the time she was born, she has been around her father who was an alcoholic and then a chain smoker. After her grandfather, things became worse.

He used to torture her grandmother every day to give him money. She grew up in such surroundings where any sane person would have lost her mind but still, she made it out with a bright smile on her face.

She was often abused verbally by her father who let her get a fever because of the intensity of his words.

Her grandmother and mother knowing perfectly well how her innocent and pure soul was.

She couldn't take all those words.

His father would often raise his fingers on the character of her mother and grandmother. Her mother somehow survived it but she knew people would believe would they hear especially if it's a man's word.

Her mother was scared that he would start pointing at her daughter's character as well which would act as a problem in her marriage later.

After all, she was a girl and she needs to get married one day and that was her way to get out of this hell.

-------------

It was a fine evening.

Kimaya just came back from her work. Her mother could feel her husband's eyes on his daughter looking at her doubtfully.

She knew what was happening and she knew something need to be done with this thing.
He started speaking things about his own daughter without even caring what he even said and then behaving as nothing happened.

Kimaya locked her room silently and changed her clothes after washing her face and hands.

She felt so tired at the moment.

She lied down on the bed silently looking at the ceiling.

She remembered how her friends said her eyes looked innocent and all that stuff.

She didn't want to be innocent. It's not a world for innocent people. She needs to be more cunning and she was nowhere near to this thing.

She heard some voices coming from outside. She frowned putting her ear on the door.

"Don't you think it's very early for us to find a partner for Kimaya", her grandmother said as she frowned.

What are they talking about?

"I did put her name on the matrimonial site. I did talk to some people regarding this but I don't think they are suitable for my daughter", her mother said as her eyes widened.

She would never marry at this early age. She was not even 23. She would be 23 in six months.

"But why this early?" Her grandmother asked with a sigh.

"I don't want my daughter's image to get tarnished because of this man. She needs to get married now otherwise she won't be able to get married later on with the words this man use for her and I can't take the chances", Her mother said as Kimaya felt tears trickling down her eyes.

"She would never agree", her grandmother gushed slowly.

"I would make her understand. She completed her studies and whatever is left can be done later on. She is not dependant on any man for that thing in her life", her mother said leaving no room for arguments.