Arc: Wretched Original Spouse vs Top Mistress (17)

When Qin Shao came, he saw a scene that made him unable to restrain a smile.

A little drunk cat with hazy eyes leaning comfortably on a chair in the pavilion, trying hard to reach out to a branch with flowers in front.

One of those flowers was not too far, yet not too close. If she could sit up straight, she could pluck it. Unfortunately, she was not willing to get up and simply waved her hand in the air in vain repeatedly.

Qin Shao had seen Gu Shengyin several times, and all those times, he had seen her with a dignified and perfect-mannered appearance. Where did he see her appearance like this?

He thought it was amusing for a bit and actually did not say anything. He stood there watching her trying to grab that flower again and again.

Her silk sleeve slipped down on her arm due to the motion, revealing a portion of her jade-like arm.

Qin Shao saw it and felt that the flower was not as beautiful as that half-exposed skin.

Recalling what he had just thought about, Qin Shao's old face turned red and spurned himself. Just now, he unexpectedly had this kind of thought towards this little girl who was nearly ten years younger than him.

Just about he was about to leave, Gu Shengyin apparently seemed to be upset.

She actually stood up and plucked that flower, fulfilling her wish.

Gu Shengyin revealed a perfectly contented smile, placed it under her nose, and gently sniffed it.

However, in the eyes of the Emperor, that flower completely lost its color due to her satisfied smile.

Unknowingly in his mind, an idea popped up: If she could always smile like this, which man would not be willing to give up everything?

At this time, he unexpectedly felt jealous towards Qin Yuanzheng.

Please read this at tranquil library dot com.

However, Gu Shengyin was seeking death herself. She was drunk yet was using one hand to lean against the chair with difficulty to stand up.

When she got the flower, she had forgotten about it and turned around. Her left foot tripped over her right foot and she tumbled down just like that.

Unfortunately, she was not even aware of it and unexpectedly wore a smile on her face.

Qin Shao still had not made up his mind whether to pull her or not, but his body already reacted quickly and embraced the person in his arms.

Really small.

That was Qin Shao's first thought.

The little girl in his arms was soft, lovable, small, and also fragrant to the point where you wouldn't want to let go when you hold her.

He looked at her once again and let out a laugh. This heartless little girl had already pinched that flower, and he didn't know what good dream she was having.

"...Your Majesty!" The young inner court servant, who came over carrying sobering soup, saw Qin Shao holding the girl in his arms and frightened him into kneeling in a hurry.

The gentleness on Qin Shao's face disappeared and he said in a cold voice: "Taifu jia's xiao jie is drunk. Go find two palace maids to come stay with her to rest and make sobering soup. Then, notify the Grand Princess."

"Yes, Your Majesty." The young inner court servant withdrew in a hurry so as to not see something that should not be seen.

On this side, Gu Shengyin felt that she was caught in a familiar embrace full of lotus fragrance. She subconsciously drilled deeper into Qin Shao's arms and even habitually wrapping her arms around his waist, causing his arms to stiffen completely.

Qin Shao was somewhat embarrassed and at a complete loss. Ever since he became an adult, no one dared to hold him like this.

But looking at the little girl's expression full of dependence and satisfaction, a strange sweetness rose in his heart.

Stop!

She was someone else's fiancee.

Qin Shao strived to persuade himself, ignoring the faint unwillingness welling up in his heart, and placed her down leaning on the chair.

JMin's Corner:

*Whispers to Qin Shao* Succumb to the devil inside you.

Ari's Corner:

edited july 8 2020