Chapter 7: Dancin' in South Beach

Two weeks passed and the day was January 16th, and it was a new week as Abby was talking about the next competition.

"All right, this weekend, we will be heading to Miami Beach, Florida!" Abby announced as the girls and moms all cheered and applauded. "There is sun, sand and pool boys."

"Mom, i somehow knew you were going to say that." Sebastian said to his mother, who laughed.

"We've got a group routine that even has Mackenzie and that's called Reputation, think about Beach Blanket Bingo, which stars Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon. Sebastian's seen that movie many times, so Moms, when the girls get home later on tonight, be sure to have them watch those old movies so they can see what the group dance is all about." Abby informed.

"Gotcha." Christi stated.

"Maddie, you have a solo called All Of My Life, Chloe'll also do a solo called Send Down Your Love, Nia's got a solo named Balia and in addition, there's a trio called Les Divas and that has Maddie, Chloe and Paige."

Maddie, Chloe and Paige hugged with grins on their faces, but Holly was not happy whatsoever because she hoped Nia would have been considered, then Paige raised her hand as Abby looked over at Paige.

"Yes, Paige?'

"Just to let you know, i've got to get my warts removed from my feet on Wednesday, so i do not know if i'll be able to do the trio since i'm having a rough time walking on it." Paige informed as Abby and Sebastian looked at each other.

"They said that she will be ready to dance in 3 days." Kelly told them. "So, i'm unsure as well since we can't change the appointment. I changed it like 15 times."

"Unsure may be correct, because we do not want her to be physically in pain while she's learning it, so we will have to think really hard about this and we may have to put somebody else in the trio." Sebastian commented as Holly had hope, knowing that this may be the change for Nia to be put in the trio in the event Paige is unable to dance.

"Paige, get that fixed and that takes priority." Abby told Paige. "Sebastian had the same thing two years ago and i took him to get his plantar warts removed."

"Yeah, and i had to walk on my tippy toes as my feet was hurting whenever i walked or ran during that time." Sebastian added.

"That he did. So, we need to start with the group. Moms, head out and girls, spread apart."

The moms went upstairs to the observation room and rehearsals began. The next day, the group was being rehearsed and then Holly came into Studio A.

"Holly, you'd better have a good excuse on why you're interrupting rehearsal." Sebastian said to Holly, raising his eyebrow.

"Can i see your mother for a second outside?" Holly asked.

"Mom, do you mind if i come with you in case you need me to put Holly in her place?" Sebastian offered to Abby, who nodded and got up and approached with Sebastian following.

"Holly!" Abby sighed in annoyance. "I'm coming to your school, walking into your office and i'm gonna interrupt you! It's ridiculous!"

"That's all rght, you can go ahead and do that, i've had parents do that." Holly replied as they went into the foyer. "I'd like for Nia to be considered for the trio. You said you'd consider her, but you and even your son looked at her and you two also looked beyond her in pyramid and did not even give her the courtesy of being considered for that."

"Holly, get your facts straight. You don't have a single clue, you're so far off of mom's plans! Mom was planning on Nia being the swing for Paige in the trio, but noooooo, you had to interrupt and couldn't give my mom 3 seconds to let her tell you this!" Sebastian exclaimed.