Chapter 11 - First Date

A/N : This chapter is a bit short as GUYS! I updated yesterday too. And the last chapter was long af. And this is fluff. Complete and straight fluff. Also it's from the shadows' pov. Soo hope you enjoy!

The night Gwyn kissed Azriel’s cheeks :

While Azriel was sleeping -

“Shadows” Said the head shadow and all of the shadows gathered around. They were having a meeting right now and this was the council of shadows.

“I hope all of you are here. Are the heads of all shadow groups here?” And all the other seven shadow heads looked around each other and nodded.

“Ok, so the idiot has finally proposed to Gwyn. I seriously don’t know what took him so long. We had already given him so many hints.

But alas, the stupid came through and finally asked out his mate. Or was it the other way round? Eh leave it. So, ‘obsessed with Gwyn’ shadow head, how are things looking for us? ”

“Well I’ve made sure Azriel has the dream of seducing Gwyn with a knife. Both of them seem to be enjoying it and I assure you Gwyn’s safe as I’ve already sent two shadows to look after her,” Said the head of Gwyn shadow.

“That’s good. But how are we gonna go about tomorrow’s date?” Asked the head, and everyone seemed to go in deep thinking. “Well? Any ideas? Because if we don’t handle this, Azriel is sure to fuck up again.”

“Well maybe we could take her to the restaurant by the Sidra, at midnight?” Asked the romantic shadow, “Yeah, that’s a good idea. Work on what Azriel will wear tomorrow and make he wears a black and white suit.

I did notice Gwyn’s aroused scent when he wore that in Nessian’s ceremony. Let’s hope we get the same results.

Until then, 'crackhead shadow’ I want you to annoy Azriel to death for tomorrow so that he’s even more grateful to be with Gwyn. Oh and 'getting out of his leash’ shadow, do make sure he lets us out a bit so we can actually touch Gwyneth.

Until then, this meeting is disbanded. See you all tomorrow. Until then, keep following our motto, Disobey Azriel. Gwyn is our queen.”

And everyone bid their goodbyes.

Night of the date :

“Why is this fucking idiot so nervous?” Whispered the head shadow as he saw Azriel talk to Gwyn in the restaurant. “Crackhead shadow, I need you to disobey Azriel and make him even more uncomfortable so that he’s less nervous. Now!”

And crackhead shadow followed suit. He started moving around Azriel and peeking from his shoulders. And while Azriel was distracted, the 'obsessed with Gwyn’ shadow helped by sending a few shadows Gwyn’s ways, which made her giggle.

And all the shadows suddenly stopped at the sound. It was- was like a melody. A melody they’ve always wanted to hear. The melody. The melody.

It was like that laugh had enchanted them. And it gave them hope, hope for a better future. Hope for a less lonely future. Hope for a future with a mate.

And then the Head shadow cleared his throat and brought all the shadows out of their trance, even though he hated doing it, for even he wanted to stay like that forever. And all the shadows continued their work.

Azriel tried his best to put the shadows on a leash, but they were sneakier. The head shadow, their commander, always told another shadow to go as soon as Azriel was distracted with another one.

And then they saw Azriel take Gwyn to his secret place. “IT’S GONNA HAPPEN IT’S GONNA HAPPEN, IT’S GONNA HAPPEN” All the shadows were chanting in unison, and though the head shadow tried to stop them, even he was excited to see what was going to happen.

For a moment, Gwyn and Azriel were so close, that they thought they were gonna kiss, “Are they gonna kiss?” The romantic shadow whispered, because everything was frozen at that moment, even the head shadow.

And then they did. They did kiss and Azriel’s leash on his shadows slipped. All of his shadows finally got free and enveloped Gwynriel in a room.

“FINALLY, WE’RE FREE! WE’RE NEVER LETTING YOU GO GWYNETH. YOU GAVE US OUR FREEDOM. ALL HAIL GWYNETH” Said the Gwyneth shadows in unison. And all the other shadows followed “ALL HAIL GWYNETH! ALL HAIL GWYNETH! ALL HAIL GWYNETH!”

And even the calm head shadow suddenly shouted, for he was too excited, “THREE HIP HIPS FOR GWYNETH, HIP HIP”, “HORRAY!”, “HIP HIP”, “HORRAY!”, “HIP HIP”, “HORRAY!!! ”

And all the shadows had a party. After that night, while Azriel was contently dreaming about his future kids with Gwyneth, the shadows were having a party in his room.

They’d even whipped out the “party shadow” Out of jail after 500 years of no use, and they had the time of their lives.

The head shadow was in Gwyn’s room. He was contentedly caressing her cheek and her entire face. And after staring at her for hours, making sure she had no nightmare, was not in any danger, and was going to wake up, he quietly whispered to her,

“You may be the death of him Gwyneth, but you are our everything. Our hope, our future, our mate, our love. And I promise, I promise to always look over you and protect you.”

And even though he knew he risked Azriel being mad by by whispering to Gwyn, knowing that she would understand, he secretly hoped that she’d listened. For he was her guardian angel, and would protect her at any cost.

A/N : I know it was not what you expected but I thought it was really cute and thought you might like it.