Chapter Eight

"You're on your fifth day," Ha-yun muttered her voice hoarse, the image of her dead father still engraved in her mind. She was filled a horrible weight that didn't seem to want to leave. She was unnaturally pale and she'd lost a bit of weight in the past week although she didn't feel it. She just felt angry, and sad, and she was filled with regret. "Five days....yet it still feels like last night...no... like an hour ago," she admitted, already feeling the tears forming in her eyes again and she brought her hand to her mouth to prevent herself from crying for the eight time that day. She didn't want to do that. "They're calling him evil now...no, just telling the world that he's-" she choked on her words and it took a few moments for her to regain her posture, "they're calling him a liar and a fraud... but you should see the office. Everyone came and placed flowers down and put sticky notes up and they've all said their thanks and yet still Babel has the audacity to do that... I'm also thinking I should open up the law firm, Mr Nam can't do it since he doesn't have a license but I could probably but then I do hate being in court."

Looking over him, she released a sob but quickly managed to clear her throat trying to ignore it, "it's strange you know, I always wished I had ten more seconds with my mother. Just to tell her I love her...but after the last experience with my father I think I would trade that extra ten seconds for two seconds with my father... I probably sound so stupid right now. People go through this every day and it's not like we were ignorant to the dangers of the job but still," she released another sob, "and will you wake up for god sake, it's been five days! Cha-youngs been hounded me about the bill-"

"So we'll go to the bank," he said.

"Just send us a transfer-" she cut herself off after she realised what he'd done. Her lips tugged into a frown and she looked at the lying body confused, "sorry what?" Her voice held a new tone and he opened his eyes before rising up with a groan as if he was waking up from another night. "But y-you, you were completely out a second ago that's no...wait..."

He stood up from the bed, "let's go," he said but she shook her head stepping forward and pressing hand to his forehead and gently patting his cheek.

"Wait, no, we have to check for any numbness and memory loss, signs of a concussion," he grabbed onto her wrists and pulled her hands away from his face.

"The numbness went away last night-"

"Last night?"

"I remember everything, and I recognise you. So I'm fine, right?"

"Uh..." she gasped as she realised what that meant, "wait so you heard..." she brought her hand to her mouth not being able to say the words probably, "you heard everything that I said today?"

"You didn't sound stupid at all," he said, and she looked at him mortified. "So don't worry."

"Oh... hey... Vincenzo," she called out, and he glanced back at her, "I'm about to give you a concussion which will hopefully bring on amnesia," she admitted and he looked at her confused right as she charged at him.

She was sat with Cha-young on a bench on the end of all of the graves whilst Vincenzo went to put some flowers by the grave. The three photos were of Mr Hong by himself and then beneath it two photos where one had Mr Hong with Cha-young outside of the university. It was when she had graduated, and then after that one with Mr. Hong and Ha-yun holding up a picture they'd drawn together. Although, it was obvious who had more talent.

He remembered what Mr Hong had said to him one day, it was strange really. Part of him could tell but it took the vocal confirmation to understand it. He looked back to where the two girls were sat before he nodded and began to walk away.