Chapter Two

Narrowing her eyes, Ha-yun gently stirred her milkshake which was being held in the air as she had one arm crossed over her stomach and the other had the elbow resting on top of that arm. Like Mr Nam and Mr Hong, they were all watching as Vincenzo and Mr Cho discussed the plans with one of Babel's representatives.

She still wasn't dressed for work but instead was in a pair of dark grey straight leg jeans, a white baggy t-shirt, a sage green cardigan that was oversized in the most perfect way and a pair of converse. She'd kept her hair down and was wearing minimal make up. She knew at some point she was going to have to start dressing according to the dress code but since her father was the owner of the firm...she got away with a lot of stuff.

"Which part do you not understand?" Vincenzo asked his face completely blank, that was the part Ha-yun didn't understand. Even Cha-young who prided herself on following European measures with a lack of emotion still had more emotion than he did. He had a brilliant poker face. "My client plans to demolish the building and build a new one. And he'll let the tenants get their shops back."

"Huh, thank you. What's that saying. The best laid plans are made to change," the representative said, as Mr Nam put some drinks in front of them. "But if it makes you feel better, I sweeten the pot."

Vincenzo didn't even look at the offer.

Even when it was held up to him, they both ignored it.

"We've made our intentions clear," Vincenzo reminded.

"Yes, you have. It's also clear...that my efforts to play nicer is wasted on you." The man then slapped the desk and Ha-yun jumped before she looked to the man annoyed. How dare he disrespect their cheap furniture like that? "So from now on, I won't. See Babel E&C and I find that rejection can be very hurtful."

"Is that some kind of threat?" Vincenzo asked, and the representative plastered an innocent look on his face.

"Of course not."

"See where I come from, we don't make idle threats," Ha-yun knew that mean he couldn't be an ordinary lawyer. It wasn't possible. "Just promises."

Mr Hong opened the door to the dance studio where all of the tenants were waiting, "hello, everyone," he announced stepping on the dance floor and Mr Cho and Vincenzo followed after them. Ha-yun stopped for a second to slip her shoes off before continuing. "Thank you all for coming."

All of the tenants took a seat on the floor and since Ha-yun was technically one of them she sat right in the middle of them with her legs crossed and her hands pressing into the floor as she leant back slightly. She already knew what they were going to say.

"As tenants, we need a written guarantee. We can't just take your words for it," Mr Hong urged.

"You'll get a contract," Vincenzo announced, "we'll be getting it drawn up soon. We just wanted to make sure all of you are on board first."

"When you told us you were a lawyer in Italy, were you telling the truth?" Mrs Lee asked.

Mr Cho and Vincenzo shared a look causing Ha-yun to look at them even more suspiciously. It was the look you share when you know something that someone else doesn't. She intended to find out what it was that was for sure.

"So you have no experience with Korean law?" Mr Tak asked.

"This matter doesn't require legal skills," Vincenzo assured. "It's about Mr. Cho's commitment to you."

"I will guarantee you new spaces once I rebuild," Mr. Cho added on.

"Is this all true?"

"Of course. You can trust both of us," Vincenzo assured and Mr. Lee looked to the younger Monk.