Chapter 3

"Bring him to my room" George said letting them pass and grabbing a cloth from the draw. George waited as Niki and Bad placed the man on the bed.

"He's got a gunshot wound on his right abdomen and he keeps on going in and out of conciseness " Niki informed looking at George for some type of command.

"I've got it from here" George vocalized, immediately grabbing local anaesthesia and pouring it in a syringe.

George cut the mans shirt half way and was slightly taken back by the sight, this man had a six pack. Mentally slapping himself for getting easily distracted George started to place leads from the holter monitor on the mans chest.

Inserting the syringe next to the wound the man groaned. "Sorry" George said taking out the needle. He put alcohol on the towel and disinfected the area around the wound.

George had to wait a couple of minutes so that the anestesia could kick in. "How did you get shot?" George asked . "I escaped from the lab and as I passed through the wall they got me" the man blurted out.

George furrowed his eyebrows. Who the fuck is they but most importantly what wall is he talking about, the wall that George has been dying to go in or another wall that George didn't know about. 

Stopping himself from asking anything else George just nodded. "I'm gonna have to take the bullet out so it might feel a little weird but it won't hurt" George reassured in which the man just hummed.

George wrapped gloves around his hands and grabbed surgical scissors. He put the scissors in the wound and looked for the bullet. Seconds later George felt something hard hit the scissors, bullet. When he finally had a firm grip on the bullet he pulled it out.

George had to work quick because now blood would start gushing out more than it already was. He put the needle in the needle holder and quickly pierced the skin. He looped the thread through the skin and after five loops the wound was stitched up.

He cleaned up the area again making sure that it was as clean as possible. George gazed his eyes up to the man and noticed that he had fallen asleep. He looked like he needed it. George placed all his cleaned tools in the bag and threw it under that bed.

George found himself looking at the man before walking out. His face was all dirty with sweat and mud. Clothes ripped with a big patch of blood on the right. His hair that had parts that were puffy and parts that were soaked.

Walking into the kitchen all eyes landed on George. "What" George asked grabbing some bread and shoving it in his mouth. "What do you mean what, is he gonna be okay?" Niki asked.

George swallowed the rest of the bread and nodded "The wound wasn't that deep so he will be fine, but it will hurt like a bitch. When he wakes up I'll make sure to give him painkillers and antibiotics"

Niki and Bad sighed in relief. The man they don't know was gonna be okay. Niki didn't know why she was so concerned but something just told her that she had to save this man, something drew her to him.

Bad just loved helping people, always there when you needed him wether it was for comfort or some wise advice, someone to look forward to see every morning. Bad always found the good in the bad and that's what the group loved about him.

"What are we gonna do with him?" Quackity asked. "We're gonna let him heal and when he's fully recovered we can ask him if he would like to stay with us or go on his own" Wilbur cleared.

"But we don't even know his name or who he is" Sapnap was not very sure about this. " yeah like we barely knew you and everyone else here" Bad defended.

"Guys I think he might help us get out of here" George bluntly said "What do you mean?" Wilbur asked, his voice full of curiosity.

"He told me that he escaped a lab and then when he was passing though the wall he got shot and what only wall do we have?"

"The wall to Luton" Wilbur realised. If this random man escaped from the wall then he could also go back in right? That meant that the group could go to the luton. They could finally be free.

"But why would someone escape from heaven to this hell hole" Sapnap asked confused on why would someone ever do such monstrosity.

"Because it's not what you think" the man was now up, leaning on the door frame, with a half ripped shirt exposing his abs. " you should be resting so that your stitches don't open" George warned.

"I'm fine" the man encouraged glancing at George quickly and turning his attention back to everyone else. Wilbur cleared his throat "please elaborate"

The stranger breathed out "It's not as beautiful as it was before, it looks exactly as it is here, desolate and neglected"

Everyone's heart sank, they always talked about how If they managed to go to the Luton they would all live in a big house and create a band together, sing about this whole experience, find love and have a happy ending just like in the movies and books.

But now that wish seemed impossible. The dream that made them fight for their lives and encouraged them to be stronger now just a stupid scenario. It was never gonna happen.

"You said you escaped from a lab" George said.
The man nodded "Yes, the only working building there is this huge lab that stands in the middle of Luton. Every house was completely destroyed and forgotten about"

George now had so many questions. Why is there a lab in the middle of it? Who's in it? Why was this stranger in it and why would he escape it?
"Are all the people that lived in Luton in the lab?" George asked.

"No, only people under thirty and if your wondering why, I don't know I just know that everyone else that was over thirty were slaughtered right on the spot"

Everyone's eyes widened. Why the fuck would someone do that, kill someone so young. George thought that London was a fucked up place but he thought wrong, none of that happened in London, Oxford and Reading so why the was that happening in Luton.

"Oh and this isn't just the only walled up place, Luton was walled up too, isolated from everyone else and every place that wasn't infected was also doing the same, building one huge lab in the middle and slaughtering people over thirty"

"Why?" Was the only thing George could ask.

Why