Chapter 2

Something felt weird, Sapnao, Niki or Bad hadn't came back for hours. Usually it only took them two or three hours to get back but five hours had past. A sickening feeling started to occur in George's stomach.

It was the same feeling he felt when they last got attacked, deja vu. He got up from his bed, threw  his book to the side and looked for Wilbur. Opening the door to the gym, Wilbur appeared holding a weight on his right arm.

The gym was pretty intact even after a year. There still was some weights hanging around and even a punching bag. George barely used the gym, only when he was overwhelmed by this whole thing and would go there to release some anger out.

Wilbur on the other hand would use it everyday, he believed that if he was fit, he would survive longer and would live to see what was behind the wall.

The wall was built shorty after the gates were put up. It completely stopped everyone from seeing Luton. When the gates were there George could see how normal their lives where compared to his, not fighting to survive and instead just being a normal human, then the walls were built and he didn't see the hope anymore, the hope that he will be them one day. Living at peace.

George only wondered what it looked like after a year, was it still as clean and did it look different, new buildings or new streets. So many answers that nobody could answer.

No one has come out or came in but something weird happened yesterday. An alarm started to blare from the wall and sound of heavy metal grazing the floor was heard. It was so loud. George still wants to know what happened.

"Wilbur they're late" George revealed as he sat down on one of the half broken benches.

"What time is it?" Wilbur asked dropping the weight and grabbing a towel to wipe his leaking forehead.

"Two in the afternoon"

"Okay so that can only mean two things, they're helping someone or they have been attacked"

If they were attacked again it was going to be ugly. Last time they were attacked, Sapnap came in with a deep cuts on his arms from slicing it on wire whilst running away, Niki had cuts everywhere on her and Bad broke his arm in two places. It was not good.

But if they were helping someone then George had to prepare medical tools, put the chains ready just incase they were infected and turned into one and make sure to have enough sedation liquid. George was in charge of everything that was to do with medical.

Three days ago someone found the apartment. A man that was bitten, George and the group were hesitant to help him but he begged so much they had to say okay, two days later he died.

There's two things that can happen when you get bitten or infected, you die two days after getting bitten or you turn into one in the next twelve hours of being bitten and when you do it's such a chilling sight.

George remembers the day he saw someone turn into one. It started with them going completely still then the bones cracked, eyes turned coal black and the mouth completely decayed.

They turn into this lifeless thing that have no emotion, completely numb with one thing in their mind, to infect. Their eyes filled with darkness that they can't escape, that consumes them whole and there's nothing they can do.

Lots of them have different type of ability's
From what George has seen, there are ones that are quick, slow or have quick reflexes there's even ones that climb and the worst one, they camouflage into looking like a human.

George is sure there's more of them but he just hasn't seen them yet. He's scared if he finds worse, something darker and more aggressive.

There's no name for them, George can't find a name that can describe whatever they are. The only thing he has come up with are, black eyed creatures, the decaying. Nothing that screams what they actually are.

Shaking that thought from George's head he finally responded. "I'm gonna get everything ready just incase" George said receiving a nod from Wilbur.

George sighed and walked out. Stepping into the kitchen and ignoring Quackity presence George opened the cupboards and foraged for his medical tools. "Fuck" he cursed as he wasn't able to find or remember where he put it.

"It's under your bed" Quackity reminded. "I didn't put it under my bed though, wait did you put it?" George said getting up and finally acknowledging Quackity 's presence.

"Yes, is there a problem?" Quackity said cocking his eyebrow "Yes there is, I said I don't like people touching my stuff" George slightly shouted and crossed his arms.

"It was getting in the way" Quackity said with a playful smirk plastered on his lips. He loved pissing off people especially George.

George rolled his eyes, flipped him off and walked out. He entered his room and kneeled down to look under his bed. There it was, a black handbag.

George grabbed it and placed it on the bed. Opening it he sighs. Mom and dad. A photo of his mum and dad is at the top just how he left it. He always kept the photo on the bag because he knew that no one would touch it. I mean who would want anything in the medical bag.

It was the only photo he had of his parents. Before this whole thing he was going to surprise them, a surprise visit. He had it all planned and he even printed a picture of them three and was going to give them it but then this whole thing happened and he couldn't. He kept the photo in hope that one day he could give it to them.

He took it everywhere he went not that he went anywhere at all, he always stayed in London, he didn't bother to go to Reading because it was the city that got most infected, everyone turned into them and eventually it got walled up so that no one could go in or out and with Oxford, he found no point in going as there wasn't anything important there.

George grabbed a clean towel and placed it on top of his bed. He put all his tools that he might need on the side of the bed. Sighing in content he walked out, he had to get one more thing from the kitchen but there wasn't time.

Sapnap, Bad and Niki were already in the kitchen with a barely alive man between their arms.

"Can you help him?" Niki asked.