14

Void

"No one? Not one person wants to go?" I let myself smile. "Fine then. I guess I'll start." I raise the gun to my own temple, watching in delight as everyone's eyes widen. I pull the trigger. Nothing but a weak click escapes from the firearm. I stare directly at Scott. "Now, do I have a volunteer, or shall we go again?"

What are you doing?

Just trust me on this.

No one steps forward. So I pull the trigger again, smirking when Scott takes a step forward.

"Awe, how cute, Scotty McCally does care."

"You're insane." He says through clenched teeth.

"Yes. Yes I am. Now, Let's cut to the chase." I lower the gun. "Stiles offered you a choice: let her go, and we will give you the name of the benefactor. But since you're all idiots, you turned it down." I turn the revolver loosely in his direction. "So here's my offer: give me Abby, and leave us be; or I will continue my game of Russian Roulette, and one of us will not be leaving this building. Do you understand that Scott?"

When he still says nothing, I tilt the gun slightly towards Liam. His beta. And I squeeze the trigger once more. The boy flinches, but only a quiet noise comes from the firearm. "Lucky kid." I say with a chuckle. "Oh, how I wonder which one of us wont be so fortunate." I scan the group, "maybe it'll be..." I catch the sound of a heartbeat approaching behind me. "You." I turn my head, pointing the revolver at the person coming up to my back. Scott yells something as I let the gun off, again, no bullet escapes the chamber. I look past my outstretched hand to see Melissa McCall, Scotts mother, standing at the other end.

With a metal baseball bat.

"Hey." I exclaim, lowering the gun. "That's mine. Thank you." I say, plucking it from her hands. "Welcome to the party, you got here just in time for the finale." I let her pass, watching as she joins Scott in the middle of the room. Oh, how his plan had fallen apart before it even started. "Now, Scott, you have two chambers left. I'd make your choice quickly, before it is made for you."

"Let Stiles go." He hisses.

"I don't think you're in the position to be making demands there, Scotty."

"We have you outnumbered, Void. Just let him go, and we'll let Ella go."

"I'm afraid I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"You didn't read the other half of the Shugendu scroll, did you?" I raise my eyebrows. "No? Obviously not, because if you did you would know that once you change a fox into a wolf, it needs a host to split the two creatures with. If I leave Stiles, I will die, and so will he. It doesn't matter if I let him go willingly or not, either way he keeps both sets of abilities, and no creature, especially not one that was born human, has the power to contain both spirits without falling into madness; and taking half the country down with them.

"What are you saying?"

"If Stiles and I split apart, he will end up destroying half of America." I smile. "If only you knew the power of the dark side."

Really? A Star Wars quote? How have you watched it and Scott hasn't? You're like... as old as my grandfather.

I stare once more at Scott, this time in surprise. "You haven't watched Star Wars?"

He looks confused at the sudden change of subject. "No?"

"Well now I can't kill you." I throw my hands up, annoyed. "You can't die without watching Star Wars. That should be a law." My face lights up. "Stiles, buddy, make a mental note to meet with the President. We have some legal shit to discuss." I say out loud, then I remember the gun in my hand. "Oh. Right." I point it once more at Scott. "Give me my wife. Now."

"Wife?"

Your wife!

"Wait. I can't kill you." I say, ignoring both him and Stiles. "But you..." I grin at Malia. "You, I can."

She hasn't watched Star Wars either. Stiles says unenthusiastically.

"God. What is it with you guys! How about her?" I nod at Lydia.

She has. Stiles confirms as I receive weird looks from the rest of his pack. But don't you dare shoot her. I'll revoke your free time.

Why don't you trust me? Geez Stiles. I have a plan.

Well from here, it seems like you're going to kill someone.

There aren't any bullets in this revolver, each 9mm bullet weighs 7 grams, Stiles, I only felt five when I took the gun from your father. All the chambers were empty. All the bullets that were loaded are now on the floor. There was no sixth. So you can stop worrying. I just want her back.

I train the gun on Lydia. "Three." I say, counting down. "Two..." My finger tightens around the trigger, I smile. "One."

"Wait!" Scott yells. "Stop!" I pause, my gaze meeting his. "You win, Void. You win." He steps in front of Lydia. "We'll give you Ella, but you have to promise to leave Beacon hills, and never come back."

I exhale. "And Stiles?"

"Him too."

"What?" The Sheriff exclaims from my right. "No, my son is still in there."

"It's either this, or Void stays in Beacon Hills." Scott says, his stare unwavering from mine. "Take her, and leave. That is my final offer."

I feel Stiles' heart sink.

I look at Abby, still unconscious on the floor, and start walking towards her. I stop beside Scott. "You just lost your best friend, Scott, you know that right?" When he doesn't reply, I turn away, kneeling beside Ella and brushing the hair from her face before I pick her up. As I walk away, I half expect one of them to attack, to try to fight me. But they don't. I make it back the the front door, back to Stiles' father.

I slip back into our mind, letting Stiles take over.

"Dad." He says, tears in his eyes. "I love you." The Sheriff looks unsure, he has every right to be. But then he seems to believe that it is his son talking, because he says it back.

"I love you too, Stiles."

And with that, Stiles carries Ella out the open door, not taking a second glance back.