Chapter Fifty-Two

I closed my eyes in frustration as my phone buzzed against my thigh for what have must been the third time in an hour. I didn't even need to look to know that it was Nathan. From the second I left Greece in that taxi, he's been persistently calling me, texting me, and even fucking emailing me. 

All his messages read more or less the same thing – Please can we talk.

"Oh, for goodness, Soph, it's been a week. Just pick up the phone and agree to fuck him already," Brandon snapped impatiently.

 My head shot up in surprise, to find Brandon as I left him, leaning up against the machine bikes with a knowing smile on his face.

 A fierce blush spread over my cheeks. "Be quiet; people can hear you," I hissed as I gave him a swift slap. I looked around nervously to see if anyone else at the gym had heard us, but luckily nobody had.

It was nearing the end of my shift at work, and I was in the middle of sanitizing down the exercise equipment from a client that I had just finished training. Brandon, for a reason unbeknownst to me, had decided to tag along with me to the gym, so he could annoy me in between my breaks.

I let out a heavy sigh, remembering Brandon's question. I shot him an unimpressive glance. "First of all, nobody said anything about fucking. And second of all, you know why I'm ignoring him. Trust me, there's nothing I'd want more than to talk to him, but I just can't. I'm bad news for him," I sighed as I continued to miserably spray at the equipment.

He threw his head back with a dramatic groan before returning his eyes to mine. "No, you're not, Soph. All you need to do is explain and apologize," Brandon urged. "And besides, do you really think he's going to give up on you just like that? You literally stuck your tongue down his throat, he's all in now," he snickered.

I glared at him. "I regret telling you that," I snapped. 

"Soph, I swear to god if you didn't tell me, I would have literally killed you," he scoffed.

I rolled my eyes. "You're making it sound way more than it actually was. All I did was kiss him."

 He lifted a finger. "Erm...what about the whole sitting in his lap part and allowing him to feel you up," Brandon piped in annoyingly.

"I...I, oh shut up," I grumbled, not having a better response than that. 

Suddenly remembering a way to get rid of him, I stood up straighter. "Hey, I'm pretty sure they are teaching hot yoga upstairs, and my manager's teaching. And there are glass windows..." I sang persuasively. 

Brandon's adam's apple bobbled as all kinds of horny thoughts likely dashed through his mind. "Got to go, love you," he called out. Then without another word, he pushed himself off the machine and made a frenzied dash towards the exit. I watched him leave with the shake of my head.

Once I was done cleaning up the exercise equipment, I dusted off my hands and made my way over to the changing rooms at a leisurely pace.

My hand managed to skim the doorknob before I suddenly felt the warmth of a chest brushing up against my back. Then a second later, two strong arms wrapped around my waist. 

What the actual fuck?

Before I could even scream, a hand clambered over my mouth and whoever was behind me started to cart me backward. Through widened eyes and heavy breaths, I got one last look at the corridor before I was dragged into an empty gym office.

The door slammed heavily as it closed behind us, and I barely got a breath out before the person swung me around and pressed me up against one of the walls. My heart rattled around like a mad man on drugs as I tried to make sense of what was happening. The room was pitch black, and all I could make out before me was a shadowy figure.