Chapter VIII. - Cooking Class

[Chapter VIII. - Cooking Class]

        Bradley walked into the school with head held high just as much as the first day.  The first scent he looked for among the hundreds was Anna's, and he became puzzled, furrowing his brows.  Her scent... that vanilla sausage, it was everywhere.  Literally everywhere.

        There to greet him in the hallways was none other than all the clamouring students, pointing at him and laughing at him as he walked.  He only had to take two seconds of his time to look around at the hissing, teasing students, look past them and follow the scent to see plastered all over the lockers: posters of him.  In cooking class yesterday.  The picture showed Bradley jumping backwards, his face covered with hissing fear, glaring at this kid preparing pasta sauce, chopping... garlic.

        Bradley's entire body froze as he saw in big red letters on the top of the poster:

        VAMPIRE.

        Panick.  That's all he felt.  His whole body stiffened up.  This was obviously another bitter attack orchestrated by Anna!  Her scent was all over these posters!  How could she expose him like that?!  And how did she find out?!  He fast-walked all the way to her locker, her scent growing stronger and stronger.  When he saw her leaning against her locker, she had a perky smile on her face, looking at him like he had just gotten squashed by a train.

        Before she could open her mouth and speak, he grabbed her arm and dragged her to the end of the hall, away from the clamouring students.  She didn't struggle, to avoid making anymore of a scene than it already was.  He turned the corner to an empty hall and found the janitor's closet.  He pushed her into it, against the wall, more maddened and betrayed more than anything.  He wished he didn't have to resort to using Glamour on her and the entire school, but he must... If that didn't work, he was forced to move yet again, to leave his Aunt all alone when he needed to be there. 

        She didn't move as she stayed glued to the wall inside the barely lit closet, his infuriated face reducing her whole body to a fit of goosebumps.

        "How could you?!" Bradley almost yelled, his voice coming out in a harsh hiss.

        "Aw, Bradley William Eduardo Ramsey Wilmington the Third is breaking." Anna mocked, giving him a sly look, trying to hide her fear with headstrong taunts.

        "Of course, this would upset me.  I didn't want to have to do this..." He lowered his voice and approached her.  Grabbing her arms in his he held her still and started activating his Glamour, letting his voice turn into that soft, gentle entrancing tone.  "Don't move and don't make a sound, Anna."

        "Get off!" She pushed him away with so much strength that it even surprised him.  What surprised him even more was that she wasn't affected by his glamour... or wait, had he not calmed down enough to activate it?  He turned towards her figure, where the sly, amused look in her eyes was now completely annoyed, and fearful and panicked just like yesterday afternoon.

        He decided to try glamouring her again, even if he had to force her down.  He would make her forget first, then he would make the entire school forget.  Then he would leave and never see her again.  He took the few steps torwards her grabbing her arm and she walked backwards, struggling to get out of his grip, almost crashing into a shelf.  "Stop trying to kiss me, Bradley!"

        Bradley froze in his steps, mentally face-palming.  "I'm not trying to kiss-"

        "Liar.  You tried kissing me yesterday!  Figures you'd try it again."