Chapter II. Tourist Attraction, The First Prank

[Chapter II. Tourist Attraction, The First Prank]

        Anna glared at the boy who had just exited the receptionist's office as she stood up, dabbing the droplets of ice water from her lips.

        "Well, well, hello Ms. Bubblegum Heels." That deep, intoxicating voice was meant to charm and taunt at the same time.  Addressed to her in the hallway?  The nerve...

        "You changed that fast?" Anna ignored his nickname for her and lifted an eyebrow, analyzing him from head to toe.  The previous outfit was no more, replaced with a dark blue shirt, leather jacket, and black pants perfectly ironed if she guessed correctly. He was tall, much taller than she, even with those high heels.  The prepped long black hair curved around his ears and made his jaw firm and broad, eyes dark and intense.  Ones that had been clueless merely minutes ago, now totally aimed at her with some kind of secret attraction.  Like he was taunting her to react just as upset as she had earlier.  Lastly she noticed his lips upturned in a laughing smile, and it annoyed her.  She had not said anything funny, and was in no mood to babysit some pompous mindless boy who didn't even know how to properly apologize. 

        He merely shrugged at her question. 

        "Ah, so it was a hyena I heard guffawing." She added before he could even say anything.  She smirked and turned to the girl and guy still making out near the water fountain.  "Missy, let's go."  Anna snapped her fingers and the couple instantly ceased making out, obeying Anna like worker bees.  That amazed Bradley immensely.

        Now that the girl's face was actually visible, he could see dark black lipstick and eyeliner around deep green eyes with a lazy, laid-back look on her face that suggested she was the type who would skip most of her classes if she could.  Her outfit was fair, a loose white long-sleeve shirt see-through, her lace bra showing from underneath, and knee-high converse shoes.  The boy had short spiky hair and grunge clothes, ripped jeans, an old baggy button-up shirt without the buttons, black tank top underneath.  He watched his girlfriend pick up her book-bag and wrapped his arm around her waist while Anna joined them, completely ignoring Bradley as he followed them, coming up to Anna's right side.

        "It's not good to ignore your principal's wishes, Ms. Shelton." Bradley chided smoothly.

        She moved her elbow close to her body, as if touching him would give her some horrible disease.  "I don't like Mr. Fartswarts.  Why would I care?" She picked up her pace, hoping to lose him but he matched it perfectly.

        "I'm pretty sure you care about your reputation.  Being as he highly recommended you as my tourist guide because you're some special Queen Bee and the 'smartest in all the land'." He mocked.

        "Stop following me." She demanded in a hushed voice, getting genuinely annoyed.

        "Sure thing." Bradley agreed, giving her an incredulous smile.

        She rolled her eyes inwardly, wondering what he meant by that creepy smile.  She sighed, surprised he would agree to do what she said instantly, continuing to her first class.  A few seconds passed by, his tall looming presence was still with her, threatening to overwhelm her like a tidal wave.  "You're still here," she pointed out.

        "Indeed," he replied in a Capt'n Obvious tone.

        "I told you to stop following me so why are you still here?" She talked like she owned the hallways, like she owned him.  She wanted to cast a spell on him but she would have to wait until bathroom break to do that.