The Bet

(this is set in a world where rose x ten is platonic, rose stays with mickey instead, enjoy the story!)

Y/N swept Rose's eyelids with bright cyan eyeshadow.
"Are you sure this isn't a bit too much?" questioned Rose, holding herself still while having her makeup fixed up.
"Of course not! We're going to the eighties, Rose, anything and everything goes. Plus, it matches your leg warmers." Y/N added as she grinned teasingly.
"Shut it, you." Rose giggled back at her, smudging her makeup but just rubbing it clean with her thumb. Rose was sporting a patterned purple sweatshirt with a blue denim skirt with bright cyan leg warmers. Y/N however had opted for a similar sense, dressed in a pink Queen band t-shirt and black boyfriend jeans, cuffed at the ankles and secured with safety pins. The pair were both kicking it up in matching purple Doc Marten boots. Loosely securing Rose's hair in a half up, half down hairstyle with a fuchsia scrunchie, the two of them walked out into the control room giggling like two school girls.

"Ah! There's the killer queen. Ready?" The Doctor gestured Y/N's shirt and smirked at her, his hand on a lever.
"Ready when you are, good old fashioned lover boy." She hit his arm lightly and leaned up against the railings. Mickey and Rose rolled their eyes and groaned at them playfully.
"It's a crazy little thing called love." Mickey stated, playing along.
"'Just friends!'" mocked Rose, grinning at Mickey.
"Yes, thank you, just friends." Y/N shot Rose a look and stuck her tongue out at her.
"We'll see, just you wait." Mickey nods his head at Rose and they both laugh at eachother quietly.

"Fine, we'll cut you a deal. Me and The Doctor will give you two 50 quid each if we get together. If not, you get nothing. Deal?" states Y/N, holding out her hand for a shake. "Hmm... alright Doctor, are you in?" quizzed Mickey, looking the Doctor up and down. "Well... I really shouldn't gamble but it's a bit of fun, isn't it?" he rubbed the back of his neck, unsure of the deal. The fact that Y/N was so confident they would win was a bit of a shot in the heart, but he hid it flawlessly.
"Good!" Says Rose as they all shake hands and repeat 'Deal' simultaneously.

"Sorted then. But, let's get going, shall we? April of 1984, allons-y!" yelled The Doctor, tugging on the lever and causing all four people to stumble upon themselves and land on their backs against the cold, netted TARDIS floor. They all jumped up, and The Doctor watched as the three ran towards the doors and swung them open, all eager to see the outside. Their eyes were met with a busy neighbourhood, where the front gardens were covered with plastic gravestones and glistening pumpkins.

Stepping out, y/n looked around herself and noticed teenagers shouting in thick american accents, chucking toilet paper at an unfortunate house.
"Doctor?" she said with a suspicious voice. "Yeah?" he replied,
"April, did you say? English April?" "What do you mean, of course i- Oh." He stepped out beside the three, coughing awkwardly.
"Well, April, October, England, America... All the same." They all laughed in unison at him, but then again, y/n did LOVE Halloween. She didn't know if it was the decorations, or the costumes, or the sweets, but it was her favourite.

"1984! Let's see... Thriller's just been released! Brilliant! We could go and see Ghostbusters, or Gremlins, Great film. Oh... October 31st. Poor old Gandhi." The Doctor rambled as they strolled casually down the street, watching the sugar-rushed children run around the roads. "What should we do then? Hunt down a costume party?" Rose asked, her fingers linked in with Mickey's.
"Unless you want to see a room full of Dannys and Sandys, maybe not." The Doctor shut down the idea quickly, using a weak excuse.
Y/N would've loved to let her hair down a bit, but she knew The Doctor hates parties, so she kept quiet.
"Oh! How about a spooky stroll through a graveyard?" Mickey exclaimed, noticing an isolated graveyard at the end of the road. The group all agreed enthusiastically and they made their way towards it.