Chapter 5 - Overpower

My room was small, compact, but clean. There was a decent-sized bed, a large dresser, and a door leading to the bathroom. Nothing was special about it, but I couldn't really complain. I thought Orochimaru would've given me a prison cell to live in.

Sasuke left hastily as soon as he got here. I guess we both believed that it would be best to keep our distance from each other.

A soft knock was heard on the other side of the door.

"Come in", I call out, as I lay down on the bed.

"Master Orochimaru wanted me to give you this", a mousy girl squeaks, handing me neatly folded clothes and a thick, purple rope, "A-Although you are a temporary apprentice, you must tie this—"

"Tell him no", I state bluntly, sending her out the door with a single wave.

I felt guilty for the poor girl who was only doing her job. Who knew what Orochimaru would do to her? I'm sure he was a somewhat reasonable man, snake, whatever.

My eyes shut, hoping to get the sleep I craved. After about half an hour, I started falling deep into sleep when my door bursts open. Soft clothing is thrown next to my side, making me open one eye in exasperation.

Sasuke stared down at me emotionlessly.

"Oh, it's you", I sigh, before closing my eye again and rolling over on my side.

"Put it on. We will be training today", he demands in his velvety voice.

"I can train in this."

"Orochimaru's orders", he confronts.

"I'll show up like this", I insist.

All in a second, I was thrown over Sasuke's shoulder and dropped on the bathroom floor a moment later. He drops the clothes on top of me.

"I hope I won't need to change your clothes myself", he states, shutting the door.

I scoffed and started undressing. I examine the clothes I was given. There was a large, low-cut white shirt, similar to a kimono, and draping purple pants. Instantly, I discarded those pants. They were loose and would get in the way when I fought. I put on the shirt and my original shorts. I finalized it with the required rope.

As I was tying it, the door swung open. Sasuke was done with waiting. Impatience shines in his eyes. He takes in my appearence, before pulling on my arm roughly. He drags me out of my room and through the halls of this hideout.

"Still rude as ever", I grumble under my breath.

I pry my arm out of his tight grip and glare, to which he glares back.

"We're wasting time", he states, brushing past me.

I scowl to myself. He still made me mad like he did 3 years ago. He still is a rude bastard. He still is everything I remembered him to be.

As we progressed deeper into the hallway, the shadows seemed to darken. I was led into what seemed like a dungeon. A scream could be heard here and there. Moaning haunted the jailhouse of experiments. There were 5 floors of cells lined up side by side. Orochimaru and Kabuto stood on the bottom floor in the middle, where it was brightest. Dissatisfaction was explicitly displayed on Kabuto's face.

"What's stuck up your ass?" I tease as I walk past the ever-so loyal minion.

His eyebrow twitches and he pushes up his glasses.

"You should've been here 10 minutes ago", Kabuto sniffs disapprovingly.

"Well, isn't someone a priss?" I sigh.